Strata Records Owner and Masters in Jeopardy!

Comments

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    I am all in favor of supporting Ms Cox and keeping her in her home.

Why would she lose the masters to a real estate tax default?

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    Why isn't this dude giving her the cash as up front money to release all these great tapes?

Give me the rights to the tapes and I'll front her $10K towards payment of her rights and royalties.

• Rockadelic said:
    Why isn't this dude giving her the cash .. up front

• Rockadelic said:
    Why isn't this dude giving her the cash as up front money to release all these great tapes?

Give me the rights to the tapes and I'll front her $10K towards payment of her rights and royalties.

the gauntlet hath been thrown down.

• beezerholmesbeezerholmes Edinburgh 59 Posts
    crabmongerfunk said:
    Rockadelic said:

the gauntlet hath been thrown down.

Tbh, i was wondering the same thing, I'd front cash to secure the rights to release that back cat/tapes as well.

And i am a fucking nobody.

Just seems a bit weird.

Saying that, nobody really seemed to give too much of a shit when folks were trying to raise money to prevent Brenda Jones from becoming homeless either, which kinda surprised me.

Maybe it is just easier to click somewhere else?

• dammsdamms 704 Posts
    Amir should get a loan
    that's a lot of money

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    One way to think about, perhaps she does not want to forfeit any of her rights to the masters.

She maybe forfeiting the short term money for control and hopes of greater returns down the road.

I don't really know how these things work. I don't want to discourage anyone from helping her stay in her home.

• dammsdamms 704 Posts
    damms said:
    Amir should get a loan
    that's a lot of money
    nevermind
    the goal's been reached