Serch is Coming to Daytime TV

fishmongerfunkfishmongerfunk 4,154 Posts
edited January 2014 in Strut Central

Comments

• EIGHTYEIGHTY 224 Posts
    I can see this getting canceled by the end of the year.

• dj_cityboydj_cityboy 1,460 Posts
    I think he has the credibility to make it dope, but the name Serch & daytime TV, don't go well together imho...and it will probably be cancelled before the end of the year. I see Latifah got her own show as well, saw a clip of her and Will Smith playing Hiphop Jeopardy the other day with Alex as the guest host, the wife recorded it so I could see it, but she said the rest of the show isn't that great..

I guess having your own show is the new "IN" thing..

• I really like Serch but this looks corny. It's a good gig for him though (opportunity, money).
    I think I would have rather seen a Serch reality show. "Family Serch" if you will.....

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    He needs to have Prince Paul be his Paul Shaffer.

• EIGHTYEIGHTY 224 Posts
    With Pete Nice as his Andy Richter.

• YNOTYNOT in a studio apt mixing tuna with the ramen 417 Posts
    I know who I paid god; Serch Light Publishing... Trailer looks super cheese balls but I would def watch this show just based off my appreciation of 3rd Bass. Serch is that dude:

• JectWonJectWon (@_@) 1,654 Posts
    Do yall realize how old it makes us when the daytime-tv-demographic-demand gets met by Serch...and Queen Latifah?

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    YNOT said:
    I know who I paid god; Serch Light Publishing... Trailer looks super cheese balls but I would def watch this show just based off my appreciation of 3rd Bass. Serch is that dude:

and these are the folks the show is counting on. 30 year brand loyalty.

wendy williams money.

• loved Serch in the mid-90s..

but am I the only one who sees a middle-aged mid-40s man tryin to hang with 21 year olds? Or is it more than that - a seasoned veteran tryin to capitalize on a certain demographic using his past celebrity status? I can't tell which one it is...

• El PrezEl Prez NE Ohio 1,141 Posts
    Never took dude seriously since back when Brother J clowned him

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Rawbbie said:
    loved Serch in the mid-90s..

but am I the only one who sees a middle-aged mid-40s man tryin to hang with 21 year olds? Or is it more than that - a seasoned veteran tryin to capitalize on a certain demographic using his past celebrity status? I can't tell which one it is...

21 year olds watch daytime talk shows?

It seems like he wants to be on some Montel shit for an older Hip Hop generation and get young folks to peep like they peep Wendy Williams.

He already did that White Rapper show to "get in" w/ the kids.

Most talk show hosts have been former actors/tv personalities anyways. Cant a former mc like Latifah do it?