RELAY

dCastillodCastillo 1,963 Posts
edited August 2005 in Strut Central
anybody use that?I just received a wild phone call."this is the relay operator. have you ever used relay?""no"**explains what it is (a instant message service being transferred over the phone. so dude is typing messages, and this operator has to say it out loud)**"ok""hi is this sketch""yes""this is the ghost of Terry Melcher, send me all your raers""haha"**end call**5 minutes later"relay operator""ok""i want to buy the whole curio label and put it in my curio cabinet""who is this?""mike jones"**relay operator continues**"Back then hoes didn't want me, now I'm hot hoes all on me""Back then hoes didn't want me, now I'm hot hoes all on me - ISAID""Back then hoes didn't want me, now I'm hot hoes all on me""Back then hoes didn't want me, now I'm hot hoes all on me - ISAID"**end call**shit is wild.

Comments

• CousinLarryCousinLarry 4,618 Posts
    Its used by the hearing impaired. I worked in a call center for a while and got a relay call lasted for 45 minutes, but its a good service i am sure they were frustrated too.

• they do that shit on howard stern all the time - end up making the operators say some pretty ill shit.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    the weirdest thing is taking a credit card number over the phone from one of those operators... always seems sketchy.

• DjArcadianDjArcadian 3,630 Posts
    the weirdest thing is taking a credit card number over the phone from one of those operators... always seems sketchy.

At my old job we used to receive fraudulent orders over relay chat all the time from Nigeria. Used to piss my boss off hardcore. I think they used it because it was cheaper than calling us. It got to the point where we would just hang up on them because it was always fraud and it wasted a LOT of our time. Once, this poor guy that was actually deaf had to come to our store because we kept hanging up on him.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    welcome to my daily life.

Been using this shit since I was 4 years old.

Back in my younger days I used to use this shit so often for crank calls, when I got bored with that I used to flirt with the relay operator (you type sexy, you got a girlfriend?)

if y'all know someone with a TTY call the number 711 and learn something new

• 5 minutes later

"relay operator"

"ok"

"i want to buy the whole curio label and put it in my curio cabinet"

"who is this?"

"mike jones"

**relay operator continues**

"Back then hoes didn't want me, now I'm hot hoes all on me"
    "Back then hoes didn't want me, now I'm hot hoes all on me - I
    SAID"
    "Back then hoes didn't want me, now I'm hot hoes all on me"
    "Back then hoes didn't want me, now I'm hot hoes all on me - I
    SAID"

**end call**

hilarious!!
    is this service free??

• pacmanpacman 1,114 Posts

• awallawall 673 Posts
    i couple years ago my friends were really into using this for prank phone calls. the first time i got called with it i was weirded the fuck out. the best part is that on the screen to get to see their responses written out. it's especially funny when whoever you call has a crazy answering machine (one time the relay operator wrote something like *unintelligable robot voice*). supposedly you can push the operator to the point where they hang up the phone, but i think it takes some seriouly fucked up dirty talk.

i remember once my friends called ben chasney (of six organs of admittance and comets on fire fame, who is a friend of theirs) when he was at work. dude was shook.

on a related note, some should call devendra banhart.

(you slept)