BEYONC??

13»

Comments

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    bassie said:
    everything is SO CALCULATED and she is trying SO HARD to be hot and sexy that there is actually nothing sexy about it at all. It's a lot of skin and posing but absolutely no heat.
    She is not raw or messy or relaxed or real enough to be what she is trying so hard to convince everyone she is. It just doesn't make for fun viewing.

I totally agree with this.
    I often feel left out, because the Unattainable Hotties do nothing for me. I like real women.

I listen to little new music, and know little about what is out there. I have heard and watched some Beyonce and appreciate her voice, dance music and most of all her dancing.

• staxwaxstaxwax 1,474 Posts
    not investing any time in this unless it bites me in the ass. I passed a shop today that were playing something off the record i think - sounded ok. I just couldnt care. havent listened to yeezus once neither. Plus- everyone I know that is so amazed by beyonce is a total dick. steering clear of it non essential attention grabbing bs - dont buy into it. ignorance is bliss. steer clear of the herd.

Seriously how many of you still listen to that watch the throne album? too much attention is foisted on these releases

• kalakala 3,361 Posts
    what a fucking giant load of plastic neoprene pap this bitch is
    sharon jones wipes the floor with this wench from her hospital bed on chemo while asleep.
    can't stand joe camel either still rapping about "cooking up rock in da kitchen" in 2014
    fuck them both in the eye until death
    shite

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,890 Posts
    james said:
    bassie said:
    absolutely no heat
    Yes. And the importance of this lack cannot be overstated. It makes her attempts at sexy/pwoarty music stiff and overly aerobic, keeps her slow-jam/torch-song material talent-show shallow, and renders her icy/queen-bee shit redundant. I, too, have tried to get into her stuff, but just cannot, and I think that's a big part of the reason. She clearly wants it far more than she means it.

I still think she looks hot. And in today's world, that key opens most doors.

She's having a go at meaning it, but obviously she's acting. Because she has no frame of reference. At the end of the day, she's been doing this since a teen-that-no-one-has-ever-said-"No"-to and now has a lifestyle so distant from suffering, that she must have invented some kind of Opulence warp-drive.

As such there is none of the richness of life about her voice, or the way she goes about singing, that is blatantly evident in say, one line from Aretha or Chaka. No messy divorces. No drug/alcohol battles. No unrequited love. No Blues.

And you don't know what love is, until you know the meaning of the blues.

did her all-woman band thing ever happen? I remember hearing about that and thinking it seemed cool and worthwhile, but I can't remember whether the endeavor ever made it out of the Beyonc??verse into the actual world.

It did but - and I think this will confer it best - her bassplayer concluded her solo (I know...) - with "Pop Goes The Weasel".

YOU CANNOT GET THE STAFF THESE DAYS.

• Thread is veering dangerously close to "ELBOWS!" territory

Just digging into the CD (bought for wifey, don't taze tomato me bro) (funny/sad thing is, the video disc doesn't import into itunes - total tech fail - so I can only watch them on a proper desktop, as opposed to in bed on the tablet to stimulate the vibe Bey was ostensibly going for) so I will reserve judgement.

But all these gulls out here drankin on their serfboorts can't be a bad thing. Rekindle, queens. Rekindle.

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    This link appears to still be working.

• ElectrodeElectrode Los Angeles 3,085 Posts
    The Challenger explosion sample in one of her songs had news hacks buzzing the other day.

• J i m s t e r said:

And you don't know what love is, until you know the meaning of the blues.

Is this your opinion, or is that something Beyonce stated? ;-)