unwarping records? Fatback? anyone?

2»

Comments

• Whatever will be your method and whatever you will be experimenting with, just be a little bit cautious. You might end up in a space and time where people will play - say - CDs instead of records.

• BamboucheBambouche 1,484 Posts

I thought this was about unwarping records?

[color:white] Hey Bam, soulstrut doesn't save in the body of messages. damn, I thought I'd be clever [/color]

[color:white] having knowledge of what doesn't work is still valuable knowledge. keep on pushin [/color]

i think dollarbin is onto something

• i used 1/4 inch glass last week. it made the record flat and took out the dish, but the grooves are alittle rugged. if i put weight down on the needle, like a adime on top, the record plays....so im ahead of where i was. should i keep sticking it in the sun? i left it out 45 minutes and then brought it in to cool for an hour under big books. (very rare hiphop record btw)
    my friend has been using this method and is 3 for 4. some warps will come out/ some wont

• i never used the in the sun method. always in the oven.

preheat oven to 150 degrees

put in record incased in glass for ten minutes.

turn off oven.

remove taking care to not separate glass.

put on flat surface to allow cooling for an hour. stack heavy books on top.

if record is not warped repeat sequence above three times. if that does not work. forget about it.

besure your oven does not get too hot you should be able to touch the glass at all times with you bare hands. if it gets too hot you will ovalize the record.

practice with two or three records you don't care about.

thickness is a factor. ex. dynaflex=less time in oven.

words of wisdom. DO NOT use the sun, temperature and timing is unreliable outside.

• billbradleybillbradley You want BBQ sauce? Get the fuck out of my house. 2,889 Posts

Whoever invented this needs to die a horrible bloody death.

- spidey

If someone wants to take Richard Marx records and make bowls, more power too them. Maybe some of that wasted space on the used racks can be used for something else better.

• GrafwritahGrafwritah 4,184 Posts
    What the fuck hcrink

just post a question out of nowhere

let's just say i hope this absence will be remedied once the California snowfall comes around