Portishead Rare Remix ID

RawbbieRawbbie 20 Posts
edited December 2013 in Strut Central
hi

Got this real old Portishead remix - recorded from the radio on cassette tape in the late 90s... managed to transfer it to MP3 yesterday. I can't find this remix anywhere. It's their track entitled "Revenge of The Number" - containing all sort of dark, evil, dirty (and known) samples, but I just can't find out the name of this remix or who did it (maybe it was Portishead themselves, I don't know). Anyone know this one?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l4aayMAH0hM&feature=youtu.be

Comments

• sorry guys I can't figure out how to insert the YouTube video ...

• the_dLthe_dL 1,531 Posts
    i know I have a remix of this some where, might be a shadow or krush remix, but I cant find it for the life of me to see if it is the same as the one you have posted, if I find anything I will let you know

• thanks man... I have never heard this remix ever again since the late 90s when I caught it on the radio... searched high and low for it, and not a trace of it, not even on the internet... such a fat, killer remix though... so many evil, halloween-ish samples, you'd think this would be a well-known remix, but it seems that 'rare' is what this joint shall remain as

• I'm not familiar with that version, but I'd like to be!

Since I'm here, may I request an mp3 of this?

Also, does any else remember that they were supposed to collaborate with De La on the final volume of Art Official Intelligence? I wonder if they ever recorded anything?? I was super excited for that.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    Is that not Portishead - Earth Linger?

I'm in a busy noisy place, so I can tell if it's exact or a different version.

• that's it my man - thanks

I don't get it though - same lyrics, but two different song titles (guess that's why I couldn't find it)

• Herm said:
    I'm not familiar with that version, but I'd like to be!

Since I'm here, may I request an mp3 of this?

curious to know where this remix is from...its not on the Nine - whutcha want 12"

EDIT - **tis on the UK release...i'll have to find a copy

DOR said:
    Is that not Portishead - Earth Linger?
    ^^wow, that was dope...never heard that before

• hobo_dhobo_d 331 Posts
    anyone have the instrumental for this????

• ^^wow, that was dope...never heard that before
    yeah man... this type of artistry is lost... so many killer samples all mixed into one mix so smoothly like this... we don't see this any more. Gems for sure.

• how do you guys embed a youtube video here? I can't for the life of me find it anywhere in the post a new message options

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    Rawbbie said:
    how do you guys embed a youtube video here? I can't for the life of me find it anywhere in the post a new message options

Just right click on the video when it's playing in youtube and select "copy embed code" and the paste in here.

• the only original sample I can pull out of this one is Main Ingredient. The rest I dont know. Not the wolf howling sample, not the drums, not the 2-chord main melody throughout the main body of the track... nada. Summer Breeze Only: