DJ Spooky - turdmeister? (copyright-R)

13»

Comments

• DJ Spooky is not and has never been signed to Ninja Tune. We are not responsible for what our own artists say online, let alone artists from other labels. Of course any communications by anyone containing prejudiced, bigoted or hateful language of any kind are utterly abhorrent to us and we will pursue all means available to ensure our name is not defamed in relation to this matter.

The Not In Our Name single was released to register our protest at the Iraq war of 2003 and the wider so-called war on terror where some respected estimates count the number of deaths at one million.

DJ Spooky sent us the Not In Our Name single and asked if we could help him release and promote it with the purpose of highlighting the horrors created by USA foreign policy. DJ Spooky released the single in America on his Synchronic label and we pressed and released a 12" from the UK, we deleted the release a long time ago. We did not procure the music, it was delivered to us and as with other releases we are not able to identify every alleged sample within the music submitted. If the single is available for sale it is being made so by Synchronic, not Ninja Tune.

When we were notified of the alleged sample in 2010 we sent statements to Mecha Music showing the loss the release incurred and directed them to DJ Spooky, we are sending all that communication to King Yoof today and are more than happy to discuss this matter with him in good faith we are sorry he is having this hassle . The release had a sales price but that in itself does not mean it made profit of course.

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    :hayek: :hayek: :hayek: :hayek: :hayek:

• ElectrodeElectrode Los Angeles 3,085 Posts
    The good ol' days are back!

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,784 Posts
    ninjatune said:

b/w

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    crabmongerfunk said:
    frankly, i am surprised ninjatunes is still around. what possible relevance can they have in 2014?

b/w

wasn't about 90% of that label's output just straight up 2 and 4-bar loops jacked from jazz funk classixs?

So I phoned a friend, and was assured that right now, Ninja Tune is probably more successful than ever, thanks to a hard-working sync department and both Amon Tobin and Bonobo having a very respectable US profile (even if that fact's bypassed some of us).

They've just signed Kelis as well, which could turn out to be a winning move, as she's always enjoyed greater success in Europe than in the US. It'd be funny if she ended up having her biggest success with Ninja Tune.

• kalakala 3,361 Posts
    Let me tell ya how i really feel???.

The one time i saw dj sdoody play at a big event was at cmj for free.

He started "scratching" and was by and far the wurst as in sausage" turntablist" i have ever seen
    just really sloppy and random.
    A full on fucking disgrace to anyone who has rocked the 1200's.

If that wasn't bad enough???.asshole picks up a double bass/upright and proceeds to make himself look like even more of a chump loser , randomly playing garbage-just unfathomable that he thought he could play bass.
    DISGRACEFUL TWAT

And then caps it off with some asinine "militant" "rapping" with lot's of 'FUCK" injected nonsense.
    It was as if he was showing the world what a multifaceted douchebag he actually was.

What a fucking kunt wanker he is.

There was a time in the late 90's early 00's that this fuck couldn't take a shit in an east village cafe without a french TV crew there to film it.

I got to see a lot of his "Art" from a birds eye view because I was pals with the liquid sky crew[soulslinger,the We boys and other NYC electronica folks that were popping at that time"}

His hype was undeserved then as it i now and clearly none of his shite has "stood the test of time".

I wonder how he gets over without having any real skills at save for shit talking.

The academic angle is nauseating and I'm retching at the thought that anyone thought he was an authority on anything at all,enough to pay him to write and speak at uni's.

BAH be gone "that illbeint kid"

• ninjatune said:

this gets better and better...

• dukeofdelridgedukeofdelridge urgent.monkey.mice 2,453 Posts
    kala said:
    Let me tell ya how i really feel???.

The one time i saw dj sdoody play at a big event was at cmj for free.

He started "scratching" and was by and far the wurst as in sausage" turntablist" i have ever seen
    just really sloppy and random.
    A full on fucking disgrace to anyone who has rocked the 1200's.

If that wasn't bad enough???.asshole picks up a double bass/upright and proceeds to make himself look like even more of a chump loser , randomly playing garbage-just unfathomable that he thought he could play bass.
    DISGRACEFUL TWAT

And then caps it off with some asinine "militant" "rapping" with lot's of 'FUCK" injected nonsense.
    It was as if he was showing the world what a multifaceted douchebag he actually is.

"that illbeint kid"

I am on board.

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    DocMcCoy said:
    The dude's an utter fucking charlatan, and always has been.

The end.

• volumenvolumen 2,532 Posts
    Not sure where the earlier quote about early spooky came from but it's spot on. Probably the same show I saw him at 15 years ago or so. He did a cool beat juggle of spead up reggae making like drum and bass which was the thing at the time. Then he just looked weird hanging around bobbing his head like he was JMB. I have yet to hear a song by him I have any wish to own

• volumen said:
    Not sure where the earlier quote about early spooky came from but it's spot on. Probably the same show I saw him at 15 years ago or so. He did a cool beat juggle of spead up reggae making like drum and bass which was the thing at the time. Then he just looked weird hanging around bobbing his head like he was JMB. I have yet to hear a song by him I have any wish to own

Oh man, this is the best Xmas present ever.

http://www.soulstrut.com/index.php/forums/viewthread/5515/#80714

• volumenvolumen 2,532 Posts
    prof_rockwell said:
    volumen said:

Oh man, this is the best Xmas present ever.

http://www.soulstrut.com/index.php/forums/viewthread/5515/#80714

That's some funny shit. At least my story hasn't changed.