Speaking of portables (smart phone)

Comments

• Total gimmick, it's not really "playing" the record.

• Is it just a qr code? I'll admit I didn't explore beyond that humorous video.

I like the notion that A+Rs can't be bothered to play a cd, but sure they'll download an app for their phone to listen to a fake record.

• discos_almadiscos_alma discos_alma 2,164 Posts
    Would be super cool if somebody actually figured out how to do it. You'd still need an actual turntable to spin the record while your phone reads the grooves - so gonna be tricky to come up with a solution that is 100% portable where all you need is a phone and the record itself to play.

• My guess is if they could make that technology that would read the record, you could just take a pic of the whole thing and then have it play it. Seems more feasible even though still complicated and unlikely.

• Don't know the techno, but it can only play that record. I think you are downloading the music when you get it and the reader just indexes the tune based on how far in on the record the cursor is placed. I don't think the record and the music have to actually match at all.

I'm sure it's effective as far as getting the recipient/intended customer to go 'ooh that's clever' when they get it,but not much else.

• It would dope if a laser beam could shoot out of your phone which would then act as a "stylus" and read the grooves into your headphones.

:getonmylevel:

• TheKindCromang said:
    It would dope if a laser beam could shoot out of your phone which would then act as a "stylus" and read the grooves into your headphones.

:getonmylevel:

someone needs to make a .gif of this a la Star Trek, with Capt Kirk and Co. shooting beams out of a teleporter type shit playing records for Spock and some aliens chicks getting down...lol,

• ZEN2ZEN2 1,540 Posts