Soulstrut Conclave: Summer 2014 in NYC

Comments

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    kid and/or better half dinner, adults only/SStrut after dinner.

I missed out on proper SSturt visits when I was in New York in the fall on account of being enveloped completely by the lives and loves and everything in-between of the people I was staying with.
    For the week I was there, I had a total of seven hours to myself. I usually travel on my own. You hear what I am telling you?

I am DUE a SSturt piss up/blaze up with no small things underfoot to accidentally trample or pristine ears to sully with bad language.

• UnherdUnherd 1,880 Posts
    I'm into this.

• UnherdUnherd 1,880 Posts
    I'm into this.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Jonny_Paycheck said:
    batmon said:
    crabmongerfunk said:
    any proposed strut get together should be "family friendly"

Ill pass.

lol. dog

No cursing.....No weed....No cigarettes.....No nudity.......No loitering.....No Diet Coke.........No Rapp.......No Grey Goose........

CHUCK E. CHEESE

• all due respect to everyone on here but my kid is 2 years old and my wife don't really wanna kick it witchall.

just facts

• I'm down for the bro-down though. just yodel

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    batmon said:
    Jonny_Paycheck said:
    batmon said:
    crabmongerfunk said:

Ill pass.

lol. dog

No cursing.....No weed....No cigarettes.....No nudity.......No loitering.....No Diet Coke.........No Rapp.......No Grey Goose........

CHUCK E. CHEESE

Haha! My home is one big family-friendly extravaganza at this point, so I'm all about doing it up proper adult-style any chance I get.

• WHO'S DOWN FOR THE BALL PIT

Jonny_Paycheck said:
    my wife don't really wanna kick it witchall.

just facts

lol - past responses I have received

"Hang out with a bunch of people I don't know talking about a bunch records I don't care about? I'll pass."

"No."

Jonny_Paycheck said:
    WHO'S DOWN FOR THE BALL PIT

"I found Cymande at Ray Charles third wife's house......Taylor dont touch that!!!!"

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    batmon said:
    Jonny_Paycheck said:
    batmon said:
    crabmongerfunk said:

Ill pass.

lol. dog

CHUCK E. CHEESE

Get a sitter. I heard PatrickCrazy AND Gatortoof are available.

The_Non said:
    batmon said:
    Jonny_Paycheck said:
    batmon said:
    crabmongerfunk said:

Ill pass.

lol. dog

CHUCK E. CHEESE

Ill go if PatCraz goes.

• wouldn't past successes suggest karaoke be the suitable rendezvous?

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    The_Non said:
    batmon said:
    Jonny_Paycheck said:
    batmon said:
    crabmongerfunk said:

Ill pass.

lol. dog

CHUCK E. CHEESE

Ill go if PatCraz goes.
    ill go if batmon and gatortoof go

batmon said:
    Taylor

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
    As it is known, you cannot have a true conclave without some pretty heavy smoke billowin', which doesn't translate to kid friendliness. I can definitely sympathize on having your lady at least sign off informally on such a trip - jaunting to NY solo would likely necessitate a separate couples vacay at equal or greater value, am I rite?

• ppadilhappadilha 2,236 Posts
    I'll attend via hologram if you people can make that happen.

white_tea said:
    As it is known, you cannot have a true conclave without some pretty heavy smoke billowin', which doesn't translate to kid friendliness. I can definitely sympathize on having your lady at least sign off informally on such a trip - jaunting to NY solo would likely necessitate a separate couples vacay at equal or greater value, am I rite?

all this transactional, allowed/not allowed relationships stuff is totally fascinating

• white_tea said:

only in real life. not on the internet.

white_tea said:
    As it is known, you cannot have a true conclave without some pretty heavy smoke billowin', which doesn't translate to kid friendliness

I love hanging with my little hommie when I'm blazed. I just don't want to be hanging with anyone else's little hommie when I'm blazed, AMIRITE?

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
    Yo, soon as you finish rollin' that Swisher, jump on diaper detail.

white_tea said:
    Yo, soon as you finish rollin' that Swisher, jump on diaper detail.

And I'm all BOOM GOES THE DYNAMITE

• ppadilha said:

I completely shot my wad on hologram 2Pac. Shit takes decades to recharge my G

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    Jonny_Paycheck said:
    ppadilha said:

Picture me rollin'.

• HarveyCanal said:
    Jonny_Paycheck said:
    ppadilha said:

Picture me rollin'.

2PAC BACK

• Danno3000Danno3000 2,850 Posts
    So who's doing the planning?

• Danno3000 said:
    So who's doing the planning?

i don't mind trying to co-ordinate at least some of this:

(a) in terms of a date, will late june - early july 2014 work for folks?

(b) i know it's early going, but who can tentatively commit to this time-frame?

(c) assuming we have enough people, should we consider doing some stuff in addition to the inevitable and essential smokey, boozey, grown bro/bro-ette down? maybe some one in the new york contingent can make some suggestions. maybe we could all bring wax and throw down somewhere or whatever, maybe a jam session at one of the studios or record stores owned/run by strut folk.

(d) if there are enough people, we could get a rate on hotel rooms.

(e) just a thought but is there anyone who wants to come but definitely can't afford it for whatever reason? if so, maybe we could do a heatrocks to subsidize them a bit or find places for them to crash or whatever...the more the merrier.

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    i'm down to meet up for a dinner and maybe go get drinks, but not really trying to have a jam session, or dj thing. infact, i think we should go somewhere as musically neutral as possible

I am not inclined to carry records from Canada into the States and invite questions.

• yeah, that record and jam idea may not have been too well thought out...how does late june/early july work for people? in other words the weekends of june 27, 2014, july 4, 2014 or july 11, 2013. any objection to these dates? if not, maybe we can put them up as a poll and people who would like to attend can vote..