Soulstrut Conclave: Summer 2014 in NYC

fishmongerfunkfishmongerfunk 4,154 Posts
edited December 2013 in Strut Central
I'm probably not the guy to start this off, but what would folks think about a strut get together in NYC area in summer of 2014? who might be interested, what are some dates that might work for folks. just throwing this out there for discussion..

Comments

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    I'm an hour and a half away - give me enough notice to arrange cat care and take time off work and I'm there.
    I love a party!

• Sad I missed the OG mansion party. Air Sayer!

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    i would be down
    have to see with the kids though

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    sup guys

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    pcmr said:
    i would be down
    have to see with the kids though

This. But I'd be down???if the lady lets me.

• i wouldn't be allowed to take a trip to NYC without the GF.....

.... and i dot know if I trust you freaks.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    vintageinfants said:
    i wouldn't be allowed.

Not even a wife yet and you are talking like that? Yikes! Restore your sack already.

DB_Cooper said:
    ???if the lady lets me.

Wait, you too? WTF?

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    yo Harvey i can go whenever and wherever i want
    you rolling out too bro?

HarveyCanal said:
    DB_Cooper said:
    ???if the lady lets me.

Wait, you too? WTF?

Baby-related. He's six months old, so I only get to abdicate my fatherly responsibilities with her blessing.

PatrickCrazy said:
    you rolling out too bro?

I'm geared up for an extended trip to Costa Rica this summer. Got an old buddy down there that rents out bungalows on the beach at Manzanillo. I've never been to NYC and since there are no beaches nor fishing nor outdoor activities up there, will probably never bother to. My daughter though is headed up there with her mom Christmas afternoon. So if you see a light skinned 8 year old girl with locks that looks like me, plaese to give her the royal treatment.

DB_Cooper said:
    HarveyCanal said:
    DB_Cooper said:
    ???if the lady lets me.

Wait, you too? WTF?

Baby-related. He's six months old, so I only get to abdicate my fatherly responsibilities with her blessing.

Okay, You get a pass. She just pushed a boulder through a mouse hole for you. And you have diapers to change. But childless-she's-just-my-girlfriend brah, up above. He's got some splaining to do.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    HarveyCanal said:
    PatrickCrazy said:
    you rolling out too bro?

I'm geared up for an extended trip to Costa Rica this summer. Got an old buddy down there that rents out bungalo's on the beach at Manzanillo. I've never been to NYC and since there are no beaches nor fishing nor outdoor activities up there, will probably never bother to. My daughter though is headed up their with her mom Christmas afternoon. So if you see a light skinned 8 year old girl with locks that looks like me, plaese to give her the royal treatment.
    anything for you bro.
    need to start planning some costa ricaish trips for next year and the girl wants to go to Hawaii to meet my parents...

• glad to hear some folks are down. any proposed strut get together should be "family friendly", i would hope you all to bring your better halves, they will probably have a lot in common. we could set up some childcare if the adults want to do some drinking, etc...

crabmongerfunk said:
    any proposed strut get together should be "family friendly", i would hope you all to bring your better halves, they will probably have a lot in common. we could set up some childcare if we want to do some drinking, etc...

Past Strut get-togethers have been very getting-drunk-downtown-and-burning-one-in-the-backyard-of-Good-Records friendly, which may or may not work for your family. I also recall one that was me-getting-obliterated-and-having-to-crash-on-Garcia-Vega's-couch-after-a-3-a.m.-joint-on-a-Broolyn-sidewalk-melted-my-brain friendly.

• I don't think there will be a good time for me to fly out of town next year. Wish I could.

• parallaxparallax no-style-having mf'er 1,266 Posts
    With enough notice, I might be able to pull this off. So many good people on this board--would be nice to meet up.

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    Hey,.

I would be down since I'm right down the road. My experience at the 2011 WFMU/Good Music party was reminiscent of D.B Cooper's experience. :oh_my:

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    im only going if gatortoof goes

• PatrickCrazy said:
    im only going if gatortoof goes

I don't think I will be able to in 2014. Furthermore, I doubt anyone want to hear about my Eugene Ormandy collection. I am getting close to 50+ Lps now.

• HarveyCanal said:
    vintageinfants said:
    i wouldn't be allowed.

Not even a wife yet and you are talking like that? Yikes! Restore your sack already.

jokes. i'm just saying that i'm not getting a pass to roll thru solo. and even then i'm only joking a little.

plus, she dont trust me around so many bitches.

vintageinfants said:
    HarveyCanal said:
    vintageinfants said:
    i wouldn't be allowed.

jokes. i'm just saying that i'm not getting a pass to roll thru solo. and even then i'm only joking a little.

plus, she dont trust me around so many bitches.

If you wanted her opinion, you'd give it to her. AMIRITE?

• she makes all the small decisions, and i make all the big ones.

luckily there hasn't been any big decisions to be made in the last two years.

vintageinfants said:
    she makes all the small decisions, and i make all the big ones.

Ha. Been there. That's why I'm here to warn you. Sack up now or pay for it later.

• HarveyCanal said:
    vintageinfants said:
    she makes all the small decisions, and i make all the big ones.

Ha. Been there. That's why I'm here to warn you. Sack up now or pay for it later.

i appreciate your concern, and your help.... but i'm good. as is my sack.

for real though, i'm down to go to NYC in the summer. now that i'm a student i can justify "summer abroad' more easily.

• Danno3000Danno3000 2,850 Posts
    Absolutely down. I haven't experience a real Strut get together since San Francisco 2008.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    crabmongerfunk said:
    any proposed strut get together should be "family friendly"

Ill pass.

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    I'm in.

• facesdfacesd 236 Posts
    Why not schedule this in conjunction with WFMU Spring Show (if it happens)?

• batmon said:
    crabmongerfunk said:
    any proposed strut get together should be "family friendly"

Ill pass.

lol. dog