WFMU...Yo, Who's Going?

Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
edited November 2013 in Strut Central
Hey,

WFMU's annual record show is jumpin' off this weekend. Any of the NY, PA, NJ heads showing up? Yo Johnny, throwing another Good Music party (promise I won't drink too much this time)? Holla!!!

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

Comments

• facesdfacesd 236 Posts
    I wish, bruh....when they move it to the Spring (next year?) I will definitely be attending. "SoCal Beach Doods" can't hang with < 50 degree weather. Have fun!!

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    facesd said:
    I wish, bruh....when they move it to the Spring (next year?) I will definitely be attending. "SoCal Beach Doods" can't hang with < 50 degree weather. Have fun!!

Awwwwww, man!!! Come on!!! No, I understand, my man. I'm sure it's going to be a blast this weekend. It was nice hanging out with you at Good (and chugging Chan's big bottle of JD) a few years ago. Remember the Large Pro cameo? Maybe you can make it to the next Spin Party we throw at the crib. We're gonna do it some time in the spring. Holla!!!

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• damn, anyone here even go to FMU? smh

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    Hey Tripdubs,

Wifey and I went to WFMU. I pulled some serious heat too. Did you go up?

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• yup! i was there fri/sat
    what you catch bigstax?

• pknypkny 549 Posts
    I rolled up on Friday on the little dude tip. Didn't have a lot of money to spend, but I came into NYC to meet up with a buddy for dinner, then to WFMU to basically window shop and people watch. Finally came up on a low-priced copy of Pharoah Sanders' "Izipho Zam", which had been avoiding me, so I'm happy about that.

• coffinjoecoffinjoe 1,743 Posts
    tripledouble said:
    yup! i was there fri/sat
    what you catch bigstax?

thanks for the eats and smiles
    also great to meet your friend

wish i could have met stacks (carolina related)

• Coffinjoe, my ace! i didnt know you even posted on here anymore. seems that the record collectors have all left for waxier pastures.

Joe had the table compound with his Jammyland crew, Good stuff. we did a lot of reminiscing about familiar faces that passed through and the ones who werent there. Ray Miller What What!!!

tripledouble said:
    Coffinjoe, my ace! i didnt know you even posted on here anymore. seems that the record collectors have all left for waxier pastures.

Joe had the table compound with his Jammyland crew, Good stuff. we did a lot of reminiscing about familiar faces that passed through and the ones who werent there. Ray Miller What What!!!

Awwww, man!!! I wish I could've hung out with you guys and meet the legend, Coffin Joe. I picked up a gang of stuff ranging from Can's "Tago Pago" to Gal Costa and all everything in between (some gospel wants, Ted Taylor "Shades of Blues" thanks Rockadelic for the tip, Chester Thompson "Powerhouse", The Awakening, etc., etc.). It was a great haul and time indeed. Plus, we watched Manny Pacquiao whoop Brandon Rios' ass on Saturday, great weekend!!!

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• Sorry I didn't see you Stacks. I was there Fri and Sat. We had a big ass bro-down/party on Sat night at my spot. I wish I had seen this poast earlier!

Jonny_Paycheck said:
    Sorry I didn't see you Stacks. I was there Fri and Sat. We had a big ass bro-down/party on Sat night at my spot. I wish I had seen this poast earlier!

Hey JP,

I understand man, the place was jam packed. Plus, I asked about plans rather late anyway. You know I'll get up to Good soon enough.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak