Stephen Encinas "Disco Illusion" re-ish is out

disco_chedisco_che 1,115 Posts
edited November 2013 in Strut Central
Such a sweet track that definitely lives up to the hype. Reissue is now out on Invisible City Editions. Just a heads up for y'all because they won't last long.

http://www.rushhour.nl/distribution_detailed.php?item=73410

Comments

• inVrsinVrs 687 Posts
    track of the year for me. Foolishly passed on an OG for 500 dollars.

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,783 Posts
    Kopped it for the flip:

:beerbang:

• Got my copy today! It's nice, well mastered and everything. But I can't help but think that they should have reissued it on 45 instead. Pt 2 would be killer! And it wouldn't take any glance of the original hype. Just adding to it.

Now we'll se pretty much every newcomer DJ empty the dancefloor with this. It's a hard track to play out, and I think there's only a handful that really could make it work (Hunee, Sadar etc)

But well done Invicible City! You guys are killin it!

• YemskyYemsky 708 Posts
    disco_che said:
    Reissue is now out on Invisible City Editions. Just a heads up for y'all because they won't last long.

Anyone got a Michael Boothman for around ??20 incl. shipping to the UK? Please PM me.

• I don't see the hype on this record! I feel that if it were something common on t.k disco, nobody would give a fuck...... Just sayin and I HAVE really tried to like it

• Wait for a classy re-edit! That's where this will get nice

• Wait for a classy re-edit! That's where this will get nice

• tokyobeats said:
    Wait for a classy re-edit! That's where this will get nice

Please no. Enough with the edits..

• Not many edits are done well, agree there are way too many.
    But, with records like cerrone-hooked, the KON edit is much better than the original, same with cole medina edit of bee gees..... Nothing wrong with a GOOD edit

• disco_chedisco_che 1,115 Posts
    Sweet_Premium said:
    Got my copy today! It's nice, well mastered and everything. But I can't help but think that they should have reissued it on 45 instead. Pt 2 would be killer! And it wouldn't take any glance of the original hype. Just adding to it.

Now we'll se pretty much every newcomer DJ empty the dancefloor with this. It's a hard track to play out, and I think there's only a handful that really could make it work (Hunee, Sadar etc)

I don't get any of this. Neither why it would be better to have the track spilt in two parts, which never happenend on the original release, nor why this would empty a dancefloor. This track kills in every decent disco/house-set as long as it's played in an moderately educated musical environment. I've seen it.

• disco_chedisco_che 1,115 Posts
    doublepost

Yemsky said:
    disco_che said:
    Reissue is now out on Invisible City Editions. Just a heads up for y'all because they won't last long.

Anyone got a Michael Boothman for around ??20 incl. shipping to the UK? Please PM me.

http://www.soundsoftheuniverse.com/releases/?id=32386

?

• disco_che said:

I don't get any of this. Neither why it would be better to have the track spilt in two parts, which never happenend on the original release, nor why this would empty a dancefloor. This track kills in every decent disco/house-set as long as it's played in an moderately educated musical environment. I've seen it.

Sorry if I wasn't clear. I love the track, think it's great!

But, it's not exactly Lorraine Johnson - The more I get the more I want that just knocks everybody out on a dancefloor. It's a slower, and more deep track. With that said it really needs to be played by some one great who as well has a special day behind the decks.

I saw Hunee play it in may for a educated and connoisseur type of crowd (Boogie at the Opera in Copenhagen, probably the best disco night in Scandinavia but that's a different story) and that night people were pretty much "eeeeh" when it came on. But I guess with Hunee he could make it work another time

What I meant with the 45 thing is that for me, it would have been a more exciting reissue. It would have been a completely new issue, complementary to the rare twelve inch. And a think it would have worked great split up in two parts. Plus the ones who payed over a grand for the OG would still have the ability to shine

• El PrezEl Prez NE Ohio 1,141 Posts
    Is this sold out everywhere?

sweatshop said:

http://www.soundsoftheuniverse.com/releases/?id=34441

back soon?

• tokyobeats said:
    Not many edits are done well, agree there are way too many.
    But, with records like cerrone-hooked, the KON edit is much better than the original, same with cole medina edit of bee gees..... Nothing wrong with a GOOD edit

true, nothing is wrong with a good edit...however, those edits aren't necessarily better than the originals. they are just dope. the originals are dope too. "Disco Illusion" will be getting some high profile remixes...i'm looking forward to hearing them!

• sweatshop said:

Apparently will be available again soon, just no exact date.

• Sweet_Premium said:
    disco_che said:

Sorry if I wasn't clear. I love the track, think it's great!

But, it's not exactly Lorraine Johnson - The more I get the more I want that just knocks everybody out on a dancefloor. It's a slower, and more deep track. With that said it really needs to be played by some one great who as well has a special day behind the decks.

I saw Hunee play it in may for a educated and connoisseur type of crowd (Boogie at the Opera in Copenhagen, probably the best disco night in Scandinavia but that's a different story) and that night people were pretty much "eeeeh" when it came on. But I guess with Hunee he could make it work another time

What I meant with the 45 thing is that for me, it would have been a more exciting reissue. It would have been a completely new issue, complementary to the rare twelve inch. And a think it would have worked great split up in two parts. Plus the ones who payed over a grand for the OG would still have the ability to shine

i'm more of a 12" head so the thought of this being put out on a 45 is heresy! this 12" is now one of the most sought after disco 12"s....IC did the world a service by reissuing this in it's full glory. Tell Giles and Joey Negro that they should stop playing this out! And I have no sympathy for whoever has spent over a grand on their originals...it will only continue to increase in value.

• facesdfacesd 236 Posts
    Great record! Was lucky enough to get a hold of the reissue...looks like this is going to be a tough one to track down once they are gone.

• YemskyYemsky 708 Posts
    Duderonomy said:
    Yemsky said:
    disco_che said:

http://www.soundsoftheuniverse.com/releases/?id=32386

?

Yes, I had seen this before I posted here but I don't believe it. SOFTU is overdue already, right?
    Several others dealers have told me that they will not get any repress / there will be no repress.

If anyone is interested dusty groove just got em in...

• Just got my copy in the mail direct from Invisible City Editions... but it came all smashed ..... : (

cover completely bent all over the place. they sent the thing in a thin paper cardboard box with no liners but instead bubble wrap..... recipe for disaster ! ! : |

Until_the_morning said:
    Just got my copy in the mail direct from Invisible City Editions... but it came all smashed ..... : (

cover completely bent all over the place. they sent the thing in a thin paper cardboard box with no liners but instead bubble wrap..... recipe for disaster ! ! : |

Damn.....

• Until_the_morning said:
    Just got my copy in the mail direct from Invisible City Editions... but it came all smashed ..... : (

sorry to hear that! i know they are on tour in australia at the moment...i'll sure they will hook you up when they get back!

• crazypoprock said:
    Until_the_morning said:

sorry to hear that! i know they are on tour in australia at the moment...i'll sure they will hook you up when they get back!

they already emailed back but i'll basically just sell the copy i have cuz im sure even like this it will go for more than $25 on discogs. In the meantime ordered one from dusty grooves based on the tip from a poster in this page. i was thinking id never get the record again because it probably sold out in a instant and im stuck with my creased cover, but luckily it went through good with Dusty Grooves. (I hope. Hope its not one of those sites that sell you stuff and then two weeks later when possibly everyplace on earth is sold out of something they email you like: "oh, we actually didnt have that in stock by the time you ordered and we accepted your payment..." )

• According to the front page's recent activity, Stephen Encinas has joined Soul Strut.

:hayek:

Dusty groove should be good I just got my three copies in the mail today