mobile sound system / street DJing

pesapesa 16 Posts
edited November 2013 in Strut Central
First post since years...

I'm trying to put a mobile sound system together. I'd like to spin some 45s in public without the need of electricity.
The setup should be easy to carry/transport (maybe the whole setup in a flightcase). It should be like a street musician but
cuttin' and mixing some nice 45s instead of playin a guitar.
I'm thinking about two portable turntables with line out (like handytrax) and a blockrocker as speakers, but I don't know any little dj mixer
with batteries which would work for this setup. Any suggestions?
Thanks

Comments

• How about this?

• sticky_dojahsticky_dojah New York City. 2,136 Posts
    My dj buddy Mitch Alive came up with this years ago...2 Vestax and a Columbia GMX3 mixer, which is one of the few battery driven mixers...

we did a couple of gigs together incorporating a thing called the Mioki Blasterbag which is a bag with a built in speaker that looks like a boombox. We are just shortly before full release as a mono version...

you can find some more info here: facebook.com/miokiblasterbag

gonna post a shameless self promo about the blasterbag asap...street djing is mad fun!

• pesapesa 16 Posts
    Thanks guys. I was thinking of the Columbia mixer too. Need to check where I can get one.
    And I like the clip and the idea of travelling around and play some good music on the streets! very cool!
    thanks so far.
    pesa

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    The homie DJ Manny has a bike set-up he shows up in random spots with...

• Roland BA330 Battery Powered Portable Stereo PA System

This one works really well. Takes AA batteries.

• Batteries suck and they usually don't last long. Honestly, I think this question has been answered with the iPod...

Anyway, if people appreciate what you are doing I am sure they will let you use their outlet. Just get a mobile DJ set-up with small speakers and a long extension cord. By the way, are you going to be selling records while you DJ?

Have a good one,
    GT

• Dealing with facts. I've run the Roland for 6hrs without it dying. Truth is truth. Specs say 8hr with alkaline. You can also plug the unit in.