utrecht record fair

inVrsinVrs 687 Posts
edited November 2013 in Strut Central
hey everybody, whos coming to the fair this year? i moved to utrecht 18 months ago but so far i was always travelling when the fair was on, so it will be the first big record fair for me. If any of you guys is planning to come over let me know, i can recommend restaurants, other spots to dig etc.. also i will be spinning some records with floating points in a little club here on the saturday of the record fair - if you feel like having some beers after the show this might be nice.
whos in?

Comments

• staxwaxstaxwax 1,474 Posts
    sounds good. Im a longtime visitor, have been attending for years. Its always pretty awesome. record hall smashes the wallet - i also like to splurge on the vintage toys section for my kids - looking for old mego figures and classic scifi movie tie in toys - with the holidays around the corner, although that section was quite small last year. If my budget allows it im down.. what kind of music will you be playing?

• inVrsinVrs 687 Posts
    yeah i m pretty scared myself about blowing too much $$$. trying togo early on friday to hopefully get some good deals..
    sam floating points is a killer dj imho.. from soul to brazil to house and disco , anything really. i can sort out guestlist let me know.

• MeepMeep 320 Posts
    I'll be there on saturday / sunday - just moved to Utrecht so it's a nice short bike trip this time.

• leonleon 883 Posts
    Regular attendee. Will try to be there on fridays (gotta get the extra cash for being an early bird) or on saturday.
    Would be great to hook up with any of you guys... what's that club you'll be playing at InVrs?
    Peace,
    Leon

• uttersutters 321 Posts
    Am going... for the 1st time

Obviously there are going to be loads of European records there, but do any dealers come from places like Japan, Brazil, Argentina, Africa, more far afield destinations?

In any case am sure it would be great fun to go and check it all out just to discover some new music with a portable

• I live in Utrecht as well. What's the place you are spinning at called inVrs?

There's also an interesting outdoor prefair on thursday in the centre of town (Vredenburg square). I will have a stall there. Lots of international customers are shooting for that one also as the prices tend to be better and there's good stuff to be found there. Starts at 9.00 in the morning.

• inVrsinVrs 687 Posts
    the club is called ekko. PM for guest list.

didnt expect to see other strutters from utrecht, nice one, maybe we can have a get together sometime?

vredenburgplein is the one where usually the food market is on wed/sat right? there is always one guy selling books and records.. used to find the odd cool record every now and then but these days he always brings the exact same chud every week.. shame.

utters said:
    Am going... for the 1st time

Obviously there are going to be loads of European records there, but do any dealers come from places like Japan, Brazil, Argentina, Africa, more far afield destinations?

In any case am sure it would be great fun to go and check it all out just to discover some new music with a portable

Have never seen african dealers, definitely japanese, brits, Uk, perhaps the odd south american - mostly europeans - but between them you will find a lot of african and library and latin sections in the booths at the fair.

this is what the record hall looks like

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,784 Posts
    staxwax said:

:face_melt:

• ppadilhappadilha 2,236 Posts
    utters said:

I'm pretty sure the one Joel Stones of Tropicalia in Furs has done the Utrecht thing, but I don't know if he does it every year.

• uttersutters 321 Posts
    staxwax said:
    Have never seen african dealers, definitely japanese, brits, Uk, perhaps the odd south american - mostly europeans - but between them you will find a lot of african and library and latin sections in the booths at the fair.

this is what the record hall looks like

Thanks, yes I've seen the hall it's mind boggling really- hope two days will be enough!

didnt make it out after the fair - too tired - just ended up chilling out and listening to my finds - ran across a pretty extensive african stand though, did you see it?

• uttersutters 321 Posts
    @staxwax yeah I saw that, his prices were next level, ???200 for Vincent Germaine Pop Percussion (or whatever his name is)

Disappointed in the lack of South American and Japanese records (basically none bar Japanese pressings of uk/us records) but I filled my boots with euro jazz/breaks and a few US soul/funk long time wants

The good thing about it all though is that basically everyone is selling records in >EX condition