Turntable isolation for gigs (ashtrays vs. isonoe etc.)

Comments

• I recall the thread about bass rumble saying that the low frequency waves travel through the air, so I am sorry I can't recommend a solution. I think the tennis balls and ashtrays w/ rubberbands are very creative. Whenever I do run into low end interference I quickly and discretely segway into a different genre. Being able to turn on a dime is one of the advantages to records, as opposed to a huge orch. sym., who would need a lot of time to smoothly change the emotion.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts

• ^^^ Yup I've been putting a plywood board on memory-foam pillows on a white fold up table like that.

• Put a sandwich baggie full of sand under each foot. I've experimented with far more complex things but this was the simplest that actually worked well.

• SmallAxeRick said:
    Put a sandwich baggie full of sand under each foot. I've experimented with far more complex things but this was the simplest that actually worked well.
    Thanks! I'll try that. I've never hear of that technique.

• Sorbothane. Great when also playing gigs on wooden floors like house parties where jumping people can make records skip.

• DJ_WubWub said:
    Sorbothane. Great when also playing gigs on wooden floors like house parties where jumping people can make records skip.
    Yeah, sorbathane seems like a good balance of cost to technology for me (meaning i can afford it and not those fancy feet).
    Have you tried the dome shaped sorbathene ones? i'm either getting them or the flat ones like that picture.