name that album cover (more record quizzzing)

upskibooupskiboo 2,396 Posts
edited October 2013 in Strut Central

Comments

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,892 Posts
    Joe Henderson?

• upskibooupskiboo 2,396 Posts
    J i m s t e r said:
    Joe Henderson?

nice try sir, and yeah, it could very well have been, but its not, picked it up last week, was not familliar with this musician either, pretty decent small label jazz funk, 1977ish, i'll throw in some more clues if nobody comes up with an answer..

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    Chico Freeman?

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• john "spider" martin..not that great a record as i recall., syrupy late period jazz fusion. the way that photo is framed above, one might think it's some rare spiritual business. traceable and tepid.

what do i win?

• parallaxparallax no-style-having mf'er 1,266 Posts
    crabmongerfunk said:
    john "spider" martin..not that great a record as i recall., syrupy late period jazz fusion. the way that photo is framed above, one might think it's some rare spiritual business. traceable and tepid.

what do i win?

Oof! LOL

crabmongerfunk said:
    john "spider" martin..not that great a record as i recall., syrupy late period jazz fusion. the way that photo is framed above, one might think it's some rare spiritual business. traceable and tepid.

what do i win?

haha congrats Crabmonger.. good call, well, i grabbed it for $2, so it was well worth it to me, and yeah, it does have its moments.. i'll se if i can find some sound from the record to go along with this thread..anyways, to continue on, you killed round one, so take over by posting a pic, really simple, album cover (front) without any text or title of course.. if you dont feel like it, stacks or jimster who gave it a go could maybe pull up a pic, else i'll post a new pic, either way let us know what you wanna do homie..

crabmongerfunk said:

one pic should be sufficient crabmonger, or it might get a little bit out of hand, with several different covers..not sure bout the others, but this looks like pacific salt, anyway, here some john spider martin, for anyone whos interested

link

http://www2.zshares.net/wp0bntucw9bj

• KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts
    crabmongerfunk said:

Lavern Baker?

Kinetic said:
    crabmongerfunk said:

Lavern Baker?

not to act all quiz master ish, but if we're continue these fun and games aka soulstrut quizzzing, crabmonger has to come through on this one, tell us if kinetic hit the nail on the head or what (?) if so kinetic if you like, throw in another quiz related pic.. also just to run down the rule set once again: photo has to be a FRONT cover, as large a portion as possible, please not too difficult (aka a private limited 20 copy chinese record), and also just ONE pic to make things simple.. h o l l a

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,892 Posts
    There is a Lavern Baker set with a similar cover, same style of drawing, but I don't think this is the answer.

• yes on pacific salt, no on lavern baker.

• gazgaz 232 Posts
    crabmongerfunk said:

Kathryn Moses

• yup.

• gazgaz 232 Posts
    crabmongerfunk said:

Salome Bey

• yes on salome too

knowledge dropped!!!!!!!!!!

gaz or skullsnaps, keep it moving, hit us with a new cover pic, h o l l a !!!

;)

• gazgaz 232 Posts
    couple for you

couple for you

no idea bout the other one, but this ones got to be tony scotts manteca album with swedish related cats, nice record too..

• gazgaz 232 Posts
    spot on

gaz said:
    spot on

haha, great choice for a pic gaz... somebody have a go at the facial, cant really place it.. if no one chimes in with the right answer, i'll post a new pic..

• gaz said:

• gazgaz 232 Posts
    another winner , great album imo

• 1.JPG
    Attached files

• skullsnaps said:
    1.JPG

Willie Dickson And the Playboys - Reggae exposed

You actually put me onto that record through your blog

• KidProcrass said:
    skullsnaps said:
    1.JPG

Willie Dickson And the Playboys - Reggae exposed

You actually put me onto that record through your blog

Oops, guess I reveal all with my blog, got to be a little more crafty

• ElectrodeElectrode Los Angeles 3,085 Posts
    Dammit, I should have known that Alice B. Toklas.

crabmongerfunk said:

I thought that this was the Lifestyle S/T on MCA at first, but no.

Electrode said:
    Dammit, I should have known that Alice B. Toklas.

crabmongerfunk said:

I thought that this was the Lifestyle S/T on MCA at first, but no.

this classic came to mind too..

• Any guesses on my other two? Either no one cares, or no one knows....either way I'll reveal the answers soon. I know the anticipation must be killing all of you.