A lil Pre-Basketball Season discussion....

yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
edited October 2013 in Strut Central
If you talking hype Batmon, Andrew Wiggins is who you're talking about. Not OJ Mayo.....

I've only watched clips on youtube, but dude certainly has freakish abilities. His lankiness reminds me of KG and Durant....but from the clips, his game so far seems closer to Amare Stoudamire. Still a long way to go, but he definitely has an intriguing skill set...He's from Canada too...

Comments

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    T-Mac with a lil court vision? I like this dude. 13th pick in the draft. not bad.

• Can someone recommend a highlights programme that will be available to download by one means or another for someone living outside of the USA to keep up with the matches?

You can probably catch most highlights of games on NBA.com and ESPN.com, albeit they are usually 30 second clips.

• raps go 6-1 in pre-season. if the pattern from previous years holds true, they'll manage to start 4-19 again.

• Greg Oden actually playing.... wow.

This might be a really interesting season. I'm calling it now: The Celtics without Pierce&Garnett; will do better than the Nets with them two.

Will Andrew Bynum play this year?? No
    Will Dwight stick around in Houston for a good while ? No
    Will the Heat win it all again? Yes.

The return of Rose as well makes stuff interesting...... Looking forward to this, the preseason games have been quite amusing so far. Go Lakers! Oh no, wait. I meant Clippers.

• SP 1200 said:
    Can someone recommend a highlights programme that will be available to download by one means or another for someone living outside of the USA to keep up with the matches?

The recaps on nba.com are not bad! They're usually about 2-3 minutes long, for every game, the day after, and then there's some seperate highlights as well. They go by very quickly, but they are quite good. Although sometimes a little biased.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    OptimusLime said:
    Greg Oden actually playing.... wow.

Go Lakers! Oh no, wait. I meant Clippers.

Let the Wiggins sweepstakes begin.

Kobe will retire after this year.

D'antoni will last 1/2 a season, Karl will be his replacement

In non-LA news
    Melo fallout with knicks is coming and there will be a mid season trade

Philly will have the worst season in its history

The return of Rose

Man, I don't think this dude's body will hold up over his career.....

I mean Allen Iverson was wreckless when driving to the rack, but this dude puts like twice as much pressure on his knees and ankles. He is THAT explosive. I'd like to see him and Chicago be the contenders that they were again though.

Seeing Miami win 3 times in a row is about as memorable and exciting as yesterday's news.

• JectWonJectWon (@_@) 1,654 Posts
    I'm trying to make a point to watch NBA and college hoop again this year. NBA has been kind of boring to me lately, but fuck it...

My predictions this year:

Heat for the 3-peat...in relatively boring fashion.

Jason Kidd will be an ineffective head coach and will constantly have to field questions like "Do you wish you could be on the court right now?...Is it hard making the adjustment to coach when you see angles you'd take as a player...blahblahblahblah"

Dwight Howard will continue his reign as the league child with all the potential in the world but the inability to do much with it.

The Miami Heat WILL bring the best out of Michael Beasley...if and ONLY IF that dude can steer clear of coke and partying during his second stint in Miami. I've always felt like dude could be a beast. Then again with tat's like "SuperCoolBeas" and "God's Son"...I dunno...Dwight Howard might have a better chance of growing up.

• Bon VivantBon Vivant The Eye of the Storm 2,018 Posts
    I predict the Wizards will suck.