...collecting kicks

flunkflunk 230 Posts
edited August 2005 in Strut Central
So i just read a post of someone looking for a pair of 95-97 black airmax, and allthough there's no doubt it's a nice shoe it's going for like a kaswillion dollars.My question........is sneaker collecting for chumps or champs?Everyone does it (thus making it tre poofe), they are essentially a practical item (although shit looks mad swish), and kicks in hip hop history comes from hunger (ie: making pov shit look fly).......I've collected kicks on and off for nigh on fifteen years, back then if you could'nt rack em you'd roll em, and shit was impossible to get. Now every fucking conglom reissues and tweaks and sucks muthafucks right in.......and every monkey has a pair of AF1's.so? airflunk....actually these days I'm strictly stan

Comments

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts

....actually these days I'm strictly stan

• parenparen 537 Posts

• flunkflunk 230 Posts

.....yawn

competition is none

• shit is done

soulstrut guys making posts about max 95 all leather and shit and designing nike id shoes

• flunkflunk 230 Posts
    shit is done

soulstrut guys making posts about max 95 all leather and shit and designing nike id shoes

yeah.......shit's ofay, i'm goin back to.........

jesus fuckin hated leather..........shit chaffed his cock and was hot as hell

• hell yeah that's what's up

you ever wish you could just wear beats for shoes? damn yo

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    i think it's just like any other thing that becomes popular. fuckers that have been doing it, have and will be doing it.

but when you got every shoe from the Jordan line and exclusive deadstock 30pair in the world pink/turqoise colorway, and you got no game?

• DjArcadianDjArcadian 3,630 Posts
    Never saw the point of collecting shoes. I mean, they sit looking nice but if you wear them on the regular they'll get fucked up. I'd rather spend my cash on records.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    So i just read a post of someone looking for a pair of 95-97 black airmax, and allthough there's no doubt it's a nice shoe it's going for like a kaswillion dollars.

My question........is sneaker collecting for chumps or champs?

Everyone does it (thus making it tre poofe), they are essentially a practical item (although shit looks mad swish), and kicks in hip hop history comes from hunger (ie: making pov shit look fly).......

I've collected kicks on and off for nigh on fifteen years, back then if you could'nt rack em you'd roll em, and shit was impossible to get. Now every fucking conglom reissues and tweaks and sucks muthafucks right in.......and every monkey has a pair of AF1's.

so?

airflunk

Stan Smiths are undying classics.
    I dont collect heavily, but I never rock the same joints twice.

I've been feelin' these

• flunkflunk 230 Posts

Stan Smiths are undying classics.
    I dont collect heavily, but I never rock the same joints twice.

I've been feelin' these

.......rod lavers?

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    I've been feelin' these

How do these normally run, sizewise? I wear a 10 - 10.5 in New Balance and my foot's a little wide. Should I buy larger, smaller or same?

Herm

• BigSpliffBigSpliff 3,266 Posts
    max 95 all leather and shit and designing nike id shoes

2 extremes of Soulstrut right in one thread.

Fuck you all

Icarus

Bumpshop

Kill Whitey

Fuckin b-boy jam you lightweights

• JUDJUD 82 Posts
    I've been feelin' these

How do these normally run, sizewise? I wear a 10 - 10.5 in New Balance and my foot's a little wide. Should I buy larger, smaller or same?

Herm

In my experience, these run small. I usually wear a 13-13.5, but the 14 is what I wear comfortably with the rod lavers. BTW, I hate the orange "exclusive colorway" that Zappo's adds.

If anybody's buying shoes this weekend, there's a 30% discount for footaction, foot locker, or champs that runs until the 28th (Sunday).

http://www.fatwallet.com/t/18/511821

for online, just enter these codes when checking out:

Footlocker: FF582123
    Footaction : FF58A345
    Champs : FF58A205

• I could never collect. I wear them too much and they end up looking like these.

Bumpshop

Kill Whitey

I SHOULD never collect. I wear them too much and they end up looking like these.

Bumpshop

Kill Whitey

I SHOULD never collect. I wear them too much and they end up looking like these.

Bumpshop

Kill Whitey

I might have to cop these. But I just dont sport JORDAN.

• chrischris 287 Posts
    =

"Collecting" is for other people.

I wear my raers. What were you wearing in 1989? Did they have 'L' and 'R' and Big Bird's shnozz on them?

I wear my raers. What were you wearing in [color:green]1979 [/color]?

that's a re-ish buddy

I think my next steez is gonna be fencing, but the shoes don't match so you have to chop them a bit

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts

I LOVE THESE MOTHERFUCKIN' SHOES! ONE OF THE MOST COMFORTABLE LOW-TOPS I'VE EVER WORN. damn i need to get me another pair.

I LOVE THESE MOTHERFUCKIN' SHOES! ONE OF THE MOST COMFORTABLE LOW-TOPS I'VE EVER WORN. damn i need to get me another pair.

that's a re-ish buddy

I think my next steez is gonna be fencing, but the shoes don't match so you have to chop them a bit

Old School baby

• flunkflunk 230 Posts
    max 95 all leather and shit and designing nike id shoes

2 extremes of Soulstrut right in one thread.

Fuck you all

Icarus

Bumpshop

Kill Whitey

.......this is what I'm saying, just cause they raer dos'nt mean you should cop em, they some ugly fuckin shoes bro. And Dammn, Icarus is bottom rung shit, right there with pegasus and tw.

flunk

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    pegasus

ease up. the pegs are mega light and durable (plus cheap). a good shoe if you run a lot and go through lots of pairs.