Going to Thailand for two weeks what Thai breaks-funk/psych records should I look for?

djtopcatdjtopcat Seattle WA The 206 312 Posts
edited October 2013 in Strut Central
I'll be in Bangkok seven days, then Pattaya seven. I know there's some dope Thai funk records from the 70's because I've seen them
on Ebay and Popsike. Have any of you guys ever been there, and know where I should start looking? This Farang will
probably spend more time crate diggin' than in the go go bars haha :P

Comments

• uttersutters 321 Posts
    Black Buster
    The Impossibles

Couple of obvious ones...

There's an account on instagram (can't remember name) that posts pure Thai funk, but I had to unfollow dude cause he posts far too much

• finelikewinefinelikewine "ONCE UPON A TIME, I HAD A VINYL." http://www.discogs.com/user/permabulker 1,416 Posts
    djtopcat said:
    I'll be in Bangkok seven days, then Pattaya seven. I know there's some dope Thai funk records from the 70's because I've seen them
    on Ebay and Popsike. Have any of you guys ever been there, and know where I should start looking? This Farang will
    probably spend more time crate diggin' than in the go go bars haha :P

two weeks + pattaya = ultimate fail!
    I will post why when I'm sober again. :beerbang:

• Since you're going to be in Bangkok, check out ZudRangMa Records. They're the ones who put out that Thai Funk comp from a few years ago and should be able to hook you up with some cool records.
    utters said:
    Black Buster
    Aren't they from the Philippines?

• uttersutters 321 Posts
    bobtheorange said:

utters said:
    Black Buster
    Aren't they from the Philippines?
    Oh, whoops

• JefDamJefDam 36 Posts
    Black Buster are Pinoy, doesn;t make them any less dope though!

• Forget Pattaya. Too much euro trash for me.

• skelskel You can't cheat karma 5,033 Posts
    Go into any seedy bar in Thailand, the magic words are "Ladyboy pliz" and you'll be taken stat to that back room with the secret funk.

Tell them L*o sent you, and thank me later.

• mickalphabetmickalphabet deep inna majestic segue 374 Posts
    yo have you read up on this, i think pattaya is that place in thailand where all the nasty shit happens you really don't want to go to