Aloe Blacc

yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
edited October 2013 in Strut Central
kinda blew up didn't he?

Comments

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    Yup, and rightfully so.

As a non-gang-affiliated dude who has a few gang-affiliated friends, it's kinda neat to see a dude who makes good uplifting music while spelling his name like a Crip.

For the record, I don't know if that has anything to do with the way he spells his name. I'm just making an assumption based off the LA connection and everyone I know who avoided (and in some cases still avoid) writing out a CK.

• I almost made a similar thread. I would have never predicted that career path back in the Emanon days. Impressive.

• good on him

• heres a pat on the back for singing in a shitty ralph lauren commercial. was he starving before this "blow-up" or something?

• really glad aloe got writing credit on that "wake me up".
    i fondly remember doing shows with emanon for crowds of 10 people nearly 20 years ago.

peace, stein...

youngEINSTEIN said:
    really glad aloe got writing credit on that "wake me up".
    i fondly remember doing shows with emanon for crowds of 10 people nearly 20 years ago.

peace, stein...

That song is a trip. An EDM song that's also a Country song sang and written by a Black Soul-singin' Hip Hop head.

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    yuichi said:
    kinda blew up didn't he?

When I moved to Berlin two and a half years ago, it seemed like I Need A Dollar was never off the radio out here. Sometimes, that one song is all it takes.

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,784 Posts
    That Wake Me Up is a terrible track, but good on him.

DocMcCoy said:
    yuichi said:
    kinda blew up didn't he?

When I moved to Berlin two and a half years ago, it seemed like I Need A Dollar was never off the radio out here. Sometimes, that one song is all it takes.