Cat Eyeliner - Yay or Nay

batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
edited October 2013 in Strut Central

Local Puerto Rican chicks back in the 80's would rock this shit, but w/ more of an Egyptian steez w/ a str8 line to the temple.

It never looked good then and I still dont get it now.

I saw a cutie on the subway this morning. Had the black leather pants working w/ high heels...str8 up Olivia Newton John in Grease.
Red lipstick, cream pumps, black top, and that Cat-Eyeliner. Shit looks cool on some Hollywood shit or Fashionista shit, but ive never seen this shit look proper on a regular chick in the street...NEVER.

am i being Catty?

Comments

• jjfad027jjfad027 1,594 Posts
    I can dig it but not all ladies can pull this off.

There was a chick in high school that was always doing spiraly ish like this and it was hot on her. I think she evntually got it tatted on permanently.

• YES! Love it! I've always been attracted to Latin women with the "cat-eyeliner" look. Hell, I'm married to a Latin woman that rocks the cat eyeliner look. A big thumbs up in my book!

• Bon VivantBon Vivant The Eye of the Storm 2,018 Posts
    Hell yay.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    YAY.
    Especially on its own with no other make-up.

• FlomotionFlomotion 2,390 Posts
    batmon said:

Local Puerto Rican chicks back in the 80's would rock this shit, but w/ more of an Egyptian steez w/ a str8 line to the temple.

I never looked good then and I still dont get it now.

I saw a cutie on the subway this morning. Had the black leather pants working w/ high heels...str8 up Olivia Newton John in Grease.
    Red lipstick, cream pumps, black top, and that Cat-Eyeliner. Shit looks cool on some Hollywood shit or Fashionista shit, but ive never seen this shit look proper on a regular chick in the street...NEVER.

am i being Catty?

The Cleopatra Goth Girl peeper treatment is big at the moment. Standard issue warpaint round my way but then again I live in Camden.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Flomotion said:
    The Cleopatra Goth Girl peeper treatment is big at the moment.

And im seeing as usual w/ any trend...an overdose by copycats that should refrain.

Could someone find an image where it works.

And the face isnt a model or a star. Prove this shit.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    what about dog eyebrows?

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    what about dog eyebrows?]

• dj_cityboydj_cityboy 1,460 Posts
    DOR said:
    what about dog eyebrows?

bahahahaha, shit yo! that made me choke on my Raspberry Tang..hilarious!

I also ride for the cat eyeliner...tattoos and piercings as well

• BurnsBurns 2,227 Posts
    I can like but only on the right chic. Ruby red lipstick is killer look on the right lips.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    gimmicky at best.

• asstroasstro 1,754 Posts
    Yay, gothic girls scarred me for life as a teen.

• covecove 1,566 Posts
    Embarrassed to say that i quite like it.

There's a big difference between raccoon eyes and a tasteful single-stroke line on the upper lid. I don't wear make-up at all, but if I had a steady hand and the willingness to get up earlier to look 5% cuter, I would definitely rock that look.
    All make-up is a gimmick.

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,889 Posts
    bassie said:
    There's a big difference between raccoon eyes and a tasteful single-stroke line on the upper lid. I don't wear make-up at all, but if I had a steady hand and the willingness to get up earlier to look 5% cuter, I would definitely rock that look.
    All make-up is a gimmick.

There was a bird that rocked the feline eyeliner for work a while back (I believe the fad was started by the one WINEHOUSE) but it looked mildly psychotic on her. I hadn't got the heart to tell her. (I think in 2013 men cannot be allowed to compliment, never mind cast aspersion on, the appearance of female co-workers).

There is one other girl I know that wears it really well but I don't have a photo and I don't want to come over as some middle-aged stalker wierdo, so you'll have to take my word that it can work for non-supermodels (has to be off duty, doe).

bassie said:
    get up earlier to look 5% cuter

I would totally throw bassie a compliment here, but don't want to come across as some middle-aged stalker wierdo.

[insert acceptable compliment here]

You are welcome.

lmho - I'm starting at 20%, so the compliment is appreciated.

Yea, Winehouse had the right idea until nothing on her was steady and it was just a busted looking wiggly smudge.

Winehouse - She had an unusual face, and never really found her best look for my 2p. I guess she was still working through the confusion when she went for the "Bones held together with tattooos" 1962 Navy-Town Hooker look in a big way, and never lived long enough to come out the other end.

• parallaxparallax no-style-having mf'er 1,266 Posts
    I'm drawing eyebrows on my dog tonight.

b/w

The cat eye shit is very tricky terrain. On the right woman with the right accoutrements, it is beyond incredibly sexy.

J i m s t e r said:
    Winehouse - She had an unusual face

Highly diplomatic. It was a challenging mix of manly, horsey, compelling and sensual that did much better when she weighed more than 120lbs....nevermind, that applies to almost all adults.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    My homegirl Latasha does that ish...

Hint of drag-act...

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    J i m s t e r said:
    Hint of drag-act...

You would know.

You nailed the ingredients to the Winehouse mug, yet, somehow, you could see the talent and that made it, as a whole, get over the net?

Short Gamine hair would have deffo been a good start doe.

HarveyCanal said:
    J i m s t e r said:
    Hint of drag-act...

You would know.

MOISTURISER IS NOT A WOMAN'S SECRET, OKAY?

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    Imagine my disappointment when I clicked on this in anticipation of a 2-page thread on eyeliner for cats...

• jamesjames chicago 1,863 Posts
    J i m s t e r said:
    You nailed the ingredients to the Winehouse mug, yet, somehow, you could see the talent and that made it, as a whole, get over the net?

I don't want to put dude on blast, but I distinctly remember a certain soulstrutter--one of your erstwhile countrymen, no less--affectionately describing Miss Amy's particular appeal as "jewy." Misty water-colo(u)red memories of Yung Streisand, no doubt.

A couple-few years back, this look--eyes, hair, the whole shit--had some currency in my neighborhood for a little while, but seemingly only among regular-chick black women aged 18 to 24. It didn't last long, but the overall effect was very Ronettes, and--within its context--a good look, if not always a great one.

Back in middle school I had the crazy crush on a girl named Tonya who did her eyes like this in a wholly successful attempt at a Jody Watley type thing, but that's neither here nor there.

• skelskel You can't cheat karma 5,033 Posts
    All womanly make up is A Good Thing, except for eyelash extensions.

That's on some Mr Snuffadopolous shit, and most definitely nagl. And those things moult. Girls at work did it, I'd be talking to them about some banking ish and this spider leg would fall off onto the cheek or desk or paper.
    Christ.
    NO.

Carry on

In my cat-eyeliner dreams, I am invited by Shirin Neshat, Diamanda Galas, and Maria Callas to be their fourth at bridge.

My cat-eyeliner nightmares are the same, except I'm not wearing any pants.