hhv.de "free worldwide shipping" scam

PunditPundit 438 Posts
edited September 2013 in Strut Central
So hhv.de have a free worldwide shipping deal on orders over 200 euro, going on last week, ended sunday.

tried to do a large order, get charged 70 euros shipping in cart, no option anywhere for free shipping, no information on their website at all, no instructions, no discount code

so i email them with 2 full days to spare on the free shipping deal, they finally reply 3 or 4 days later, dude tells me it's okay just place the order and email him and he'll correct the order, so it goes back and forth again for a day or two, they are the slowest fuckers on the planet to answer emails, finally i get some different woman telling me unfortunately the free shipping deal ended on sunday, and you know, there is nobody in the office on a saturday or sunday to read their emails.

FUCK THIS SCAMMY SHIT. boycott these jokers.

the more you know.

Comments

• serch4beatzserch4beatz Switzerland 521 Posts
    Since they switched to FedEx for shipping the rates have gone through the roof..shipping from germany to switzerland costs 26euros thats around 35$ and its not even airmail..also extremely overpriced on used records

• UPDATE

whilst they ignored my other emails, i sent them a link to this thread as a way of customer feedback and invited them to prove me wrong.

well i got no apology or explanation but i did finally just get an invoice with free shipping on it, so thanks hhv for the free shipping and thanks soul strut for keeping them honest.

maybe just a communication breakdown, or systemic glitch, either way pretty horrible customer service but they DID finally make good on their advertised deal. I'm not gonna stay mad cos i got some pretty good records and that's what this schitt is all about anyway.

• I have only good experience with hhv since years. My last order was free of shipping without problems.

• PunditPundit 438 Posts
    yeah i was led to believe they were pretty good on customer service, unfortunate that i was screwed around so much and even more unfortunate it took being called out on soulstrut for them to make good on their deal. But like i said, i'm not salty, would probably even order from them again at some point maybe.

• KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts
    I ordered throuhg them once on GEMM, and they just never responded. I sent emails and they didn't respond to them either. Not a good loook. And their prices are pretty high, although they do have a pretty good range of new releases.