Yours Truly - Dust and Grooves Feature

RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
edited September 2013 in Strut Central
Just a heads up... I had the pleasure of participating in Dust and Grooves cross country photo book documentary a few weeks ago.

He will be publishing it in April... so I might just be in it.

In the meantime, he posted a few pics and an "on-the-fly" mix I did of some influential albums.

http://www.dustandgrooves.com/new-road-trip-mixtape-by-raj-soulstrut/

Spot the Sayer?

Comments

• On the floor in front of the Eddie Kendricks.

• Leroy Hutson Feel the Spirit on the floor, left of Hendricks and Starvue? Syl Johnson ITBIB second from left on the floor?

Sorry I just luv games

• spotted this on the dust and grooves facebook page this morning....

any download for the mix? looking for an ipod/car copy..

• strataspherestratasphere Blastin' the Nasty 1,035 Posts
    D.j. Prestige posted it in the announcement section a few weeks back to crickets. I like the way you used the black gas pipe to make the shelves.

• RAJ said:
    ... and an "on-the-fly" mix I did of some influential albums.

What's the track that starts at 56min?
    The player identifies it as King Of New York by Ron Browz, but that's obviously a track which samples what you were playing.

• strataspherestratasphere Blastin' the Nasty 1,035 Posts
    Yemsky said:
    RAJ said:
    ... and an "on-the-fly" mix I did of some influential albums.

What's the track that starts at 56min?
    The player identifies it as King Of New York by Ron Browz, but that's obviously a track which samples what you were playing.

Syl Johnson - I'm Talking About Freedom

• SPlDEYSPlDEY Vegas 3,375 Posts
    This is really dope man.. Good work! I want to throw a thank you out to RAJ, and all you other fuckers for helping me cultivate my music tastes. I feel just that bit smarter thanks to a website. Who would've thought it.

Cheers,

- Spidey

• SPlDEY said:
    This is really dope man.. Good work! I want to throw a thank you out to RAJ, and all you other fuckers for helping me cultivate my music tastes. I feel just that bit smarter thanks to a website. Who would've thought it.

Cheers,

- Spidey

HUGE cosign! This site has introduced me to so much music i would of probably never ever had a chance to hear and for that i am forever grateful.

• +1

I saw the article on you in the Road Trip Update 1. Did you already post in the 'How many of the SS 100 do you own?' thread?

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    toby.d said:
    +1

I saw the article on you in the Road Trip Update 1. Did you already post in the 'How many of the SS 100 do you own?' thread?

I should have. Just did it 70 / 100.

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    Your guitars are worth more than my house.

:poor:

• Nice. Jealous of that space.