Moderators?

fishmongerfunkfishmongerfunk 4,154 Posts
edited September 2013 in Strut Central
i asked this about a year ago. we could use one or two around here, not me though.....batmod? bassie? one of the brits like doc or skelly? bigstacks? (just throwing some names out there of people who have been around for a bit)

Comments

• I nominate me

• vintageinfants said:
    I nominate me

you got my vote. VI for Mod!

• parallaxparallax no-style-having mf'er 1,266 Posts
    crabmongerfunk said:
    vintageinfants said:
    I nominate me

you got my vote. VI for Mod!

+1

VI for mod!

• vintageinfants said:
    I nominate me

canada tryna be world policeman as usual.

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    +1

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    I vote NO on VI, or any of the people mentioned being a mods.

I wouldn't want anyone who's presence I enjoy on the board to be made a mod, or even any of the more active members who keep this place ticking over, cause as we've seen in the past mods just disappear as poasters. Where's Oliver or Allen? They became mods because they were popular and levelheaded enough, look how that turned out.

I don't see why we need more mods, but then maybe I'm not going in the right threads. But as we seem to incapable of kicking out the trolls for some reason, I don't see what good more mods would do anyways. If someone could come in and kick out the idiots and have proper powers to change this place in a positive manor then fair enough, do it. But from what Odub said last time we went over this mods have pretty limited powers.

• a run a tight ship.

my platform:

delete stress like motrin
    ban with impunity
    fuck bitches
    get money

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    Only thing that is going to eliminate the ugliness on the board is to ignore the sources. Other than also banning the people who engage the trolls in the one-up'ing, the insults, etc. - not at all what I am suggesting - I'm not sure what moderators can accomplish. The culture here has shifted. Moderating actually seemed like a fun thing to do at one time, it would be a huge drag at this point.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    bassie said:
    it would be a huge drag at this point.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    don't get it

• Bon VivantBon Vivant The Eye of the Storm 2,018 Posts
    I suggest that crab stop being such a troll and stay out the threads that he's not emotionally equipped to handle.

• +1 for VI

bassie said:
    don't get it

Just enjoying your post. Much like your company. Which is severely lacking...

I say forget moderators. Raj should add an option that allows users to flag a post, and once a certain amount of users have flagged that particular post, the post gets changed to a wide selection of pics of puppies and kittens put in its place.

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    DOR said:
    bassie said:
    don't get it

I say forget moderators. Raj should add an option that allows users to flag a post, and once a certain amount of users have flagged that particular post, the post gets changed to a wide selection of pics of puppies and kittens put in its place.

Above the post, in the date line, on the right, is [Report] next to [Ignore].
    In theory you can click it and report a post to Raj.
    There is a place for you to write a note and 4 boxes one of which you need to check:
    Spam / Advertising Harassment Language Other

Sometimes there is an error message.

For a while Raj was deleting LM&J daily.
    I think he got wore down.

DOR said:
    bassie said:
    don't get it

Above the post, in the date line, on the right, is [Report] next to [Ignore].
    In theory you can click it and report a post to Raj.
    There is a place for you to write a note and 4 boxes one of which you need to check:
    Spam / Advertising Harassment Language Other

Sometimes there is an error message.

For a while Raj was deleting LM&J daily.
    I think he got wore down.

Yeah. I'm talking an automated system. Like say a third option. Where, if 10 strutters click, it automatically removes the post and instead post a random pic.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts

DOR said:
    Raj should add an option that allows users to flag a post, and once a certain amount of users have flagged that particular post, the post gets changed to a wide selection of pics of puppies and kittens put in its place.

That would be rad.

Till then, VI for mod!

• llmod1

it's in his name???

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    absolutely not

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts
    I'm pretty sure I'm still a mod. Who do you want banned? I'll do that shit right now. Bring. The first reply with somebody's username wins.

DO IT

• kalakala 3,361 Posts
    deadgarhoover

handmadetortillas

kala said:
    deadgarhoover

handmadetortillas

Yes please

• kalakala 3,361 Posts
    jeanclaudebandamed

• kalakala 3,361 Posts
    and guzzo needs to email anthony pearson and get him back on here once inna blue moon
    mr ass peanut juice spray private gonad wheat grass over-priced minimalist butt crack sculpture's anal gland's are sorely missed

• kalakala 3,361 Posts
    DeadgarHoover said:
    kala said:
    jeanclaudebandamed

This is a very funny place.

Hey, kala, when I first started posting here some of the entrenched Einsteins accused me of being you.

Which is especially funny since I'm not even sure you're fluent in English.

ok
    say goodbye asshole

• kalakala 3,361 Posts
    dizzy please make this fucktard evaporate now???. with extreme prejudice and???then watch him reappear in minutes under yet another of his alias'

• kalakala 3,361 Posts
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    smells like???..burnt toast

• kala said:
    deadgarhoover

handmadetortillas

Dude......Duuuuddeee. Do you want everyone to be the same, or are you insecure?

BTW

Have you heard the new Goodie Mob 7"?
    :freeway:

• kalakala 3,361 Posts
    GatorToof said:
    kala said:
    deadgarhoover

handmadetortillas

BTW

right so thats your alias

• kala said:
    GatorToof said:
    kala said:
    deadgarhoover

handmadetortillas

BTW

right so thats your alias

Funny that you shouldn't trust me, when really it was you who said you'd send me Ray Charles double disc for trade and didnt mention that it was a 75 Rockerfeller, as opposed to an 1841.

you dissappoint me, my friend.
    :wink: