Here's another day at the stoplight...

CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
edited May 2007 in Strut Central
I'm lookin in my mirror so I can see who can see meSouth Central is puttin Ice Cube to the testWith four brothas in the SSI can't go around and can't back upSo I gotta peep game layin in the cutIs this a jack or a kidnap?Since I'm never ever slippin I fully strappedI grab my gat out the gloveNow, do these fools got a problem with me?Or do they got love?So when the light turns green, I don't bone outI wanna see what these black men are all aboutCuz if it's my time, I'm just shortIf not, I'm pluggin they Super SportFirst they get behind my ride...Then they switch lanes to the left sideI'm scopin out the one smokin indoComin up fast, rollin down his windowHe threw up a sign, I put away my nineFool, cuz I'm color blindKilla Cali, the state where they killOver colors cuz brothas don't know the dealAnd they'll cap you, not if they have toBut if they want to, first they might confront youBut every nigga on my block can't stop And he won't stop and he don't stopNot to the bang bang boogie, but they like to gangbangAnd rookies ain't the only ones that dropSome say the little locs are gettin a little too loc'edAnd when it comes to dust, they kick up the mostSay the wrong word then whistle down the street to your homies like a birdBust a u-turn, come back and get served niggaFor the women, it don't matter how loud they blouse getBut men, the wrong color outfit, could get your mouth splitIt's a shame, but it ain't no thang to meCuz I slang these thangs like a GIt's on, is anybody killin for the summertimeI gotta get another nine, even though I'm colorblindI'm fresh outta county on bailAnd no sooner do I get out, seems like I'm right back in jailFor some gang related activityCuz everyday, different fools try to get with meFor no more than a color, or territoryCan't rehabilitate 'em, that's the sheriff's storySo what's left, the judge goes deafWhen you try to tell your sideAnd you ain't blue eyedBoy you better duck cuz the book is comin'And just hand your car keys over to your womanBecause it aint no sunshine where you headedAnd the shit'll drive you crazy if you let itBut now, I got time to thinkBecause they hit me with everything but the kitchen sinkAnd I ain't even shed a tearCuz believe it or not, they got more love for me hereNow picture that, but on a black and white photographCuz brothas, you don't know the halfOn the streets I was damn near outta my mindBut ever since I've been downI'm colorblindNow here's the game plan, yo, at a quarter to nineI was told to peel a cap on the other sideYo, young and dumb, full of come up, a baby locI gotta put in work for the hood and that ain't no jokeStable and able but I'm not ready and willinCuz I'm only 13 and I ain't never did a killinGrabbed the A.K. and jumped in the G rideStarted up the bucket and headed for the other sideYo, spotted the enemies, now I'm on a creep tipHit the 5 dollar stick and then I put in my clipSo, I jumped out the car and no matter what the costI had my mind set on sendin niggaz to Harrison RossCaught one from the back and I looked in eyes Thinkin should I peel his cap, or should I let him surviveYo, I'm trapped in the plan designed by another sideI ain't contributin to genocide (why?)Cuz I'm colorblindNiggaz in the hood ain't changedAnd I've finally figure out that we're not in the same gangCuz, I walk the alleys of Compton with nowhere to turnEvery which way I get burned babyLou wears blue, Big Fred wears redPut 'em together and we color 'em deadDead, dyin, gettin smoked like part of the funThey get smoked just to show how many come to the funeralI understand how all my homeboys feelCuz I was shot and to this day, I pack my steelCuz I was born in a certain territoryWhere you don't talk only the streets tell storiesWith blue and red bandanas on the streetAnd if you slippin, you'll be six feet deepCuz me and T-bone, we pay it no mindAnd for the rest of the mob, we stay color blind. . .

Comments

• RAW_HAMBURGERRAW_HAMBURGER 1,438 Posts
    Jeeeaaa....

Bumped this shit in the whip today...on blast.
    my summer vacation and doin dumb shit....never grows old.

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts

• kitchenknightkitchenknight 4,922 Posts
    This is why I ride for Death Certificate...

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    This is why I ride for WC[/b] ...

dude is underrated.

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    Yet ANOTHER day at the stoplight:

(Them LA traffic stops are no joke!)

• kitchenknightkitchenknight 4,922 Posts

dude is underrated.

So is Kam.

And it's happenin' every single weekend...

• dayday 9,611 Posts

that song was my shit!

"I don't want know trouble or no fights..."
    thanks for posting this up

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts

dude is underrated.

Hell yea. WC man.

• GenePontecorvoGenePontecorvo 5,612 Posts

HA! I clicked on this thread w/ the stated intention of at least bringing this song up. Both tracks are fire.

I still listen to my cassette of Underground Fossils.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts

dude is underrated.

Hell yea. WC man.

WC been the truth since Low Pro (although I never been a huge fan of Westside Connection) and for fact, I even fucked with Coolio back in the day that Maad Circle was the shit. "Ain't A Damn Thing Changed" is an amazing album - shit, man, I had half that shit memorized and used to play that shit on my boombox while playying basketball in Philly (to somewhat sideways glances.)

I've always wanted to bring up a discussion of the Boogiemen and the three albums they did which all stand alone as great/good bodies of work but as a whole combined have an even bigger impact - the Cube album, the Del album (don't hate, I believe it has it's place) and the Dub C album.

• dextahdextah 77 Posts
    as many times as i've listened to that album, i had no idea that coolio was on that track

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    You should really check the WC album, dude. Coolio really kills it on that shit.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    Nice to see folks bigging up an Abstract Rude track in here.

• BOMP.

• jdeezjdeez 638 Posts
    KAM por Vida