more in to an artist after meeting them?

2»

Comments

• cut chemist does not smoke. peace, stein.

Beg to differ!
    No one escapes Bosworth Avenue without meeting it.

• TheMackTheMack 3,414 Posts
    i like swishahouse mike watts better

you don't know shit about eother of them
    i might not know shit about EOTHER of them, but im sure i know shit about EITHER of them

but you're right, i dont know shit about minutemen Michael watt, and i dont care dude. i do know about mike watts though

• chrischris 287 Posts
    cut chemist does not smoke. peace, stein.

Beg to differ!

No one escapes Bosworth Avenue without meeting it.

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    but you're right, i dont know shit about minutemen Michael watt, and i dont care dude.

mack, this is just plain ignorant dude

• AserAser 2,351 Posts

not an artist but really, he's one of the most charismatic people I've ever met in my life. A very down to earth guy w/ an acerbic tongue. A master of transforming the ordinary into rhe ethereal, if only I could have 1/10th of his eloquence.......

• TheMackTheMack 3,414 Posts
    but you're right, i dont know shit about minutemen Michael watt, and i dont care dude.

mack, this is just plain ignorant dude
    sorry

• can't fuck with SST.

• djdazedjdaze 3,099 Posts
    J-Zone

Anyone know if J-Zone is a poker player? I could have SWORN I saw him last Saturday morning at a poker table in the Tropicana's poker room in Atlantic City.

nope it weren't him.

Funny shit...he saw this thread before I talked to him.

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    Whoridas[/b].

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    Idris Muhammad
    Probably the coolest person Ive ever met. I had just found his Power of Soul album in the day and was going to his show at the bluenote that night. I'm walking up to the club with record in hand just as he pulls up in a cab. He sees me and the rec, does about 4 double takes and is like "where did youget that, thats my favorite record!" I talk to him for a few and tells me to have a drink with him between sets. After killing the first set I chat with him for about 40 minutes, just talking about all his records and the people he played with. he told me about this inmate who who got through prison by listening to that record. Finally he's like "are you a player?" and I have to tell him that im just a dj. He says "oh so you're gonna sample that record?" Pretty embarassing, but he said it would be cool.
    During he second set, he goes into this ten minute long solo, where he's playing the like the sides of the drums, really slow, then he looks over at me, kind of tips his head and goes into the baddest breakbeat Ive ever heard. Nothing but praise for the man.

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
    John Cale is a dick and a miserable prick to play with

cool dudes:

Iggy Pop...a smartass, but a genuinely nice guy
    Ron Asheton...cool as fuck
    Wayne Kramer...really nice and has stories
    Clarence Reid...funny as hell

• ja_bruceja_bruce 295 Posts
    Sharon Jones. She absolutely killed it and afterwards I came over to pay my respect and she seemed genuinely appreciative. I'm sure other people on here have had more extended contact with her than I have, but I had to note it here.

And I must also give respect to Double K, who tried to bring my friend back into the club with him after he got kicked out for smoking weed. He still got stopped though.

sharon jones cool as hell. she also likes geeky white dudes. peace, stein. . .

after the show i go to say nice show and keep it up and all that and she grabs me , gives me a big hug, signs my 45 without me asking and has a little 5 minute conversation.

funkiest woman i've ever met, the horn section dudes were pretty cool too

Dibbs gave me what might be the biggest ice grill ever for smiling at him

• theory9theory9 1,128 Posts
    Boots from the Coup. I did some time in the EMI mailroom in the mid to late 90's, nad a highlight was seein' him come in.

...and Yukmouth.