Comments

• DJFerrariDJFerrari 2,411 Posts
    Damn good jazzy funk LP out of Oakland from 79. Worth picking up.

DJ Ferrari

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts
    There was a thread bout a month ago about that lp complete with soundclips. Not quite as great as I was hoping but it sounded decent. Calvin Keys from the black jazz label is on it. Tons of sealed copies flooding the market, so it doesn't go for as much as it did a couple years ago.

• N-E-body got a nice copy mint/sealed 4 sale. Holla!

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts
    While we're on the subject of private funk lp's- anybody heard Mokie J.J. and R.O.B. "speed of light"? Kinda curious bout that one.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    I've never heard about it before, but I can openly say I am on your musical jock, so now I want it too.

BTW y'all are really sleeping on that Homeboy and C.O.L. LP I was blowing up a few months back. I might just have to post a couple of soundclips

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    It's a really great album that's come back into play within collector's circles because a lot of artist-original copies turned up and as usual, people have flooded the eBay market with them. I can't even knock the hustle - I mean, flooding the market is bad for the price of the record but from an individual seller point of view, I can see why they'd try to get it out there and make some scrilla back.

It's not a funk album, but it is a very good Latin/Brazilian influenced soul/jazz album. I don't think it's everyone's cup of tea but personally I really dig on it

• aleitaleit 1,915 Posts

It's not a funk album, but it is a very good Latin/Brazilian influenced soul/jazz album. I don't think it's everyone's cup of tea but personally I really dig on it

really? Sounds more interesting to me now. I had always assumed it was a private funk thing.

• coffinjoecoffinjoe 1,743 Posts
    it took a few listens to sink in
    very mellow latin soul jazz groove with xtra bay flavor

i gotta sealed set sale not cheap copy to move.....

• aleitaleit 1,915 Posts
    sadly my situation is such that personal buying will be curbed til i can move some not so cheap set sales of my own.

• sadly my situation is such that personal buying will be curbed til i can move some not so cheap set sales of my own.

Pull that set list together boyee! You know what I want.... uh. yeppp

• aleitaleit 1,915 Posts
    that life force lp, right?

i can make an exception and trade that for the light of saba you mysteriously left off your set sale list.

• Here is the "Patty"- the first track on the Larry T and the Family lp.
    This is the only instrumental on the album, but the vocal tracks are fairly similar in instrumentation and feel.

http://s5.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=3LA8AUMB70N460PR9CRKLR0YEC

• GamleOleGamleOle 508 Posts
    I'm looking for this LP. I was trying to get the one Dave ('s records) had recently for $100 but I was too late. Let me know if you have one for sale or trade (I have a trade list), but I'm not willing to go too high on it.

Did anybody check this guy's feedback and find out that he already sold at least 4 or 5 sealed copies. I guess somebody got lucky in the field. He probably have 50 more at home:)

• He probably have 50 more at Larry T's[/b] home