Comments

• Phill_MostPhill_Most 4,594 Posts
    Back To The Basics is that SHIT

• i like the first one too, with the exception of talib kweli being on it

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    thanks for posting these.

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts
    thanks for posting these.

• no problem. what do y'all think of them?

• parenparen 537 Posts
    We Can Make It Better loads up Talib, Qtip, Common, and Rhymefest - a little too loaded for not much going on, but glad to see Fest got a nod somewhere. Back to Basics is better than 90% of the album proper material. I'll actually play that cut early. Thanks.

• mandrewmandrew 2,720 Posts
    these songs are nice, thanks for the links. but i think your avatar is fucking with my bandwidth or something... even though it is sad and hilarious.

• speaking of avatars, i haven't been able to see them for a while. all i see are screen names. do i need a plug in or something? i use mozilla firefox. thanks...

• chasechase 767 Posts
    we can make it better = strings, moogs, pianos, all over the sample...

man who can hate on this guy?

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    Thanks. That's hip hop.

• CueCue 26 Posts
    Does the rest of the album sound like this? Back to Basics is that HEAT! And it's only a minute and a half. Japanese must really appreciate this more than we do cause I don't understand the idea behind the "NIHONly" bonus.

• PEKPEK 735 Posts
    Japanese must really appreciate this more than we do cause I don't understand the idea behind the "NIHONly" bonus.

Domestic made-in-Japan CDs are expensive enough in Nippon such that parallel imports (of the same title) from elsewhere in the world can be cheaper, thereby potentially undercuttin' sales - in order to entice the Japanese consumer to buy locally-manufactured product, extra tracks are tacked onto domestic editions...

• cardovacardova 743 Posts
    isn't that queen samantha on back to the basics?

• CueCue 26 Posts
    Japanese must really appreciate this more than we do cause I don't understand the idea behind the "NIHONly" bonus.

Domestic made-in-Japan CDs are expensive enough in Nippon such that parallel imports (of the same title) from elsewhere in the world can be cheaper, thereby potentially undercuttin' sales - in order to entice the Japanese consumer to buy locally-manufactured product, extra tracks are tacked onto domestic editions...

You learn something everyday. Thanks. I knew there must have been a logical explanation.