Belated Intro

RustledustRustledust 48 Posts
edited August 2013 in Strut Central
Hai Soulstrut
I thought I should introduce myself as a long-time lurker seldom poster. Maybe a bit of respite from the constant troll-bots that seems to post on here these days. :get_on_my_level:

I found my login to praise the Soulstrut 100 which I have really enjoyed.

My names Russell I???m from Edinburgh Scotland and I like records. I???m a DWG migrant with late 80???s Rap 12???s being my favourite thing to collect. I like a bit of everything though and tend to DJ Funk and Boogie if I ever get asked these days.

1) Off the wall ??? P.Y.T is my jam though.
2) Mandrill vs War ??? It???s a draw but I have more War LP???s. I did recently get ???New Worlds??? and I love it.
3) (Brits.com related.) Hibernian FC and Tottenham Hotspur.
4) Current Rap I???m Liking ??? Starlito ???Cold Turkey??? and ???Funerals and Court dates???, Gucci Mane ???Lean??? tape , Gunplay ???Drop the Tint???, the new Ka LP and Run The Jewels LP.
5) I know some real world strutters and friends with a few others on facebake. You can add me on instagram RUSTLE_DUST or facebook ???Bob Disaster??? if that???s your thing.
6) Favourite song ??? Aaron Neville ???Hercules??? or Curtis ???The Makings of You???.
7) Will up the last mix of Rap obscurities I did later (it???s so old the link is from megaupload rip)

Clonning to commence..... GO!

Comments

• skelskel You can't cheat karma 5,033 Posts
    Welcome

B/w cabbage n ribs represent

P/w "Hubs"

• GrandfatherGrandfather 2,303 Posts
    isn't there a bob disaster on here?

Welcome

• RishanRishan 454 Posts
    Rustledust said:
    Hai Soulstrut
    I thought I should introduce myself as a long-time lurker seldom poster. Maybe a bit of respite from the constant troll-bots that seems to post on here these days. :get_on_my_level:

My names Russell I???m from Edinburgh Scotland and I like records. I???m a DWG migrant with late 80???s Rap 12???s being my favourite thing to collect. I like a bit of everything though and tend to DJ Funk and Boogie if I ever get asked these days.

2) Mandrill vs War ??? It???s a draw but I have more War LP???s. I did recently get ???New Worlds??? and I love it.
    4) Current Rap I???m Liking ??? Starlito ???Cold Turkey??? and ???Funerals and Court dates???, Gucci Mane ???Lean??? tape , Gunplay ???Drop the Tint???, the new Ka LP and Run The Jewels LP.
    5) I know some real world strutters and friends with a few others on facebake. You can add me on instagram RUSTLE_DUST or facebook ???Bob Disaster??? if that???s your thing.
    6) Favourite song ??? Aaron Neville ???Hercules??? or Curtis ???The Makings of You???.
    7) Will up the last mix of Rap obscurities I did later (it???s so old the link is from megaupload rip)

hey! another Edinburgh contingent? not bad considering the size of this place. i am also here, and i think another bloke too?

• fejmelbafejmelba 1,139 Posts

meh.
    now tell me. who wins the champions league

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,778 Posts
    Rustledust said:

3) Tottenham Hotspur.

Bludklaut!

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,896 Posts
    Rustledust said:
    Hai Soulstrut

Welcome!

If I had 24 hrs in Edinburgh, what or where am I eating?

Does anyone in Edinburgh ever walk the streets playing 500 miles out loud? Could I do it with Pick Up The Pieces (Side question. Could that work anywhere in the UK)?

• OH HELLO

when i was in edinburgh i kicked 'over and done weth' (sic) by the proclaimers and it just felt right. then we got asked in off the street by a hostess at an unmarked restaurant and ended up being on some Jamie Oliver program. it was a cold open training at one of his spots before it went live and we were the test subjects.

edinburgh > glasgow.

edit: while shopping at your harvey nicolls, i pulled the zipper on a ??1450 YSL handbag and it came clean off into my hand. instant sensation of cold sweat and vomit.

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,778 Posts
    vintageinfants said:

norwich > glasgow.

• Thanks for the warm welcome.

@skel ??? Yep I torture myself week in week out watching turgid hoofball from the once mighty Cabbage aka Hubz. At least we are not Hertz (aregoingbust).

@rishan ??? Fryer is on here sometimes I think. Don't know about anyone else. Do I know you? Any luck finding records? I have tradez.

@fejmelba ??? I hope Dortmund win the CL but suspect Bayern McDonalds might win it again.

@duderonomy ??? Arsenal? Signed any players yet?

Here's my mix, hope you like it. Maybe I will not be so lazy and do another one soon.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/573ag0

Mr Biscuits and Bob Disaster Vapors Mixtape 2.

Hostyle - Partners In Crime.
    D-Moet and Excalibur - Dance to Excalibur.
    B.O.$ - Da Bona (Remix).
    Cool C - Down to the Grissle.
    Antoinette - I Got An Attitude.
    Butchy B - Hip Hop Terrorist.
    3 Da Hardway - Hyped.
    Kid Flash - Mind Your Business.
    Supreme Nyborn - Versatile Extension.
    N.M.C and A.D.J - The Messiah.
    Ron Delite and 45 King - Checkmate You Lose.
    Nile Kings - Droppin Bombs.
    Trouble - I Get Hype.
    3.D. - From Da Giddy Up.
    Wild Boyz - I Thought U Knew.
    Sport G and Mastermind - Sport Could Get Fluid.
    BAD R.E.P - Nothing Can Stop Us Now.
    Sway and King Tech - Baddest Mutha On 2 Turntables.
    P-19 - Mass Confusion.
    Talaam - Good News (Chariots A Comin.)
    911 Volts - Champion Of Love.
    E & J - Lyrically Insane.
    Intelligent Hoodlum - Arrest The President.

@DOR ??? A deep fried mars bar or haggis neeps & tatties from a pub?
    I like cheap and cheerful so my local Sushi restaurant Sushiya or Malaysian Kampung Ali would be my choice. There some Michelin places like Tom Kitchin but never balled out in any of them before. The Proclaimers support my football team and our anthem is Sunshine On Leith so go ahead! AWB play here at least once a year so I am sure you could blast it as well.

@vintage ??? Glasgow's miles better for records and Music / Clubs but it's not as tourist friendly. Still a cool city though.

• RishanRishan 454 Posts
    Not sure, but I think there is someone else here from Edinburgh. SP1200? I've definitely seen it mentioned quite recently

Don't think we know each other, I've only been back here properly since last year. Had many years in Malaysia (Kampung Ali will be visited with the quick fast, thanks for bringing that up!). Used to spend a lot of time in Mark's shop, Professor Plastic, but that's been closed for a while. Shows how long I've been out of the game. And sorry, no trades yet - I sold my collection before going to Malaysia! August finds this month has been my first foray back

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    Rustledust said:

4) Current Rap I???m Liking ??? Starlito ???Cold Turkey??? and ???Funerals and Court dates???, Gucci Mane ???Lean??? tape , Gunplay ???Drop the Tint???, the new Ka LP

Most excellent - welcome.

I've been running the Activist, Cinderella, It's Not a Day, That Pack circuit off the Lean tape

• bassie said:

I've been running the Activist, Cinderella, It's Not a Day, That Pack circuit off the Lean tape

I was annoying my girlfriend playing Activist on repeat the other day. Who'd a thunk Aliyah Chopped and Screwed would turn into the best Sade song you never heard. I also love the intro and the Future joint. I listened to the other 2 tapes but nothing grabbed me.