Why Do French People...

RecordBeastRecordBeast 99 Posts
edited August 2013 in Strut Central
think their copy of (insert any record here) is worth more than my copy? I'm not even trying to be a dick here. Nearly every french person i've ever dealt with on the record tip has had outrageous pricing/wants for their records. Trading or buying it's the same old song. What gives? That'll be 800 euros plus 19 for shipping please..

Comments

• bigchalzbigchalz 220 Posts
    care to name names E#%*? a few notoriously expensive dealers have been called out here in the past few years.

• I'll refrain haha I've grown up in the past couple years, I just wanted to see if I was crazy or it was a known "thing"

• known thing.........ask freud about it, he'll clue you up!

• bigchalzbigchalz 220 Posts
    i think it's safe to say these are known knowns.

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,889 Posts
    I think Skel has had a few strange transactions on fleabay whereby the item is won by a French biddeur, only for him to message the seller post-auction with some obscene offeur, rather than the actual price the auction ended at.

Said offeur being somehow based on the grounds that "There is fraud." (Sans evidence, naturallement)

Connards, non?

• skelskel You can't cheat karma 5,033 Posts
    OP is just mad they make that papeur

In line with many, I now block bids from France.
    If dude really wants something, they bid through friend in UK or elsewhere, and it works fine.

• LamontLamont 1,089 Posts
    centuries of "je m'en fous"