Does your phone post Amber Alerts?

GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
edited August 2013 in Strut Central
DELETE
(I still think it's annoying though)

Comments

• My wife just asked me about this. I didn't get one, but she did. It's a shared family plan too, so I don't really understand that. I had to look it up. I guess this is the new model for amber alerts. It's location specific, so you can even get them when traveling in an area that issues one.

This particular one sounds pretty fucked up. I hope those kids are found safe, but they've already lost a lot.

• I just touched down in LA tonight and my phone was blowing up with it. Never seen it before- may be a WEST COAST THANG.

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    Just got one leaving Disneyland. Abduction. Blue Nissan Versa.

• I got one, tonight. It must be the new thing. The interwebz is goin wild.

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    I get these and severe storm warnings. Never signed up for anything that I know of.

• I get the storm warnings. No idea why.

• edulusedulus 421 Posts
    if you have iPhone, settings, notifications all the way at the bottom you can turn off amber alerts.

i was driving through georgia on my way from baltimore to new orleans and my phone started blowing up with the Amber Alert. So yeah, it is location specific.

• edith headedith head 5,106 Posts
    the sound it made me scared the shit out of me. i think because it reminded me of being a kid watching the muppet show or cartoons when the emergency broadcast system beeping interrupted it. seeing and hearing that as a kid made me think we were all gonna die or something.

• strataspherestratasphere Blastin' the Nasty 1,035 Posts
    I think most android and ios phones have this feature. You can disable all of them except presidential alerts.
    Attached files

• If I'm in an area with a high presence of hematite, I may get a text or two

• sabadabadasabadabada 5,966 Posts
    stratasphere said:
    I think most android and ios phones have this feature. You can disable all of them except presidential alerts.

Its because the Presidential Alert is the one the drone uses for targeting.