Are we still beating off?

Controller_7Controller_7 4,052 Posts
edited July 2013 in Strut Central
Is this still a strut thing? The Bowie beat off hasn't materialized or did I miss it?

Have the beatoffs lost their steam?

Comments

• I just started slicing this thing up last night. I'm really excited for this one.

• jammyjammy remixing bongo rock... 813 Posts
    the_non wasn't so sure about my bowie selection. i didn't mind it and others seemed to be cool with it. i dunno what's going on now!

• Controller_7Controller_7 4,052 Posts
    I think it's a fine selection. I know people weren't excited about it, but I think trying out a full album would be dope. One with a break, but whole album is fair game. I see the fun of the one track, but also think its time for something different. The numan album would have been good for that.

One album and go nuts. Maybe even a total turd album to put some restrictions on it.

Actually, I'm starting one tonight. Full album style. The OG contest can continue. Nobody has to participate in mine, but I'm going wild wild west and just starting that shit myself. It can be the new beatoff or a parallel contest. What have we got to lose.

Will update later tonight.

I also think the Bowieoff should proceed as well.

• HollafameHollafame 844 Posts
    I was feeling the Bowie selection

• Sorry! Wrong thread. My bad!

• leonleon 883 Posts
    Carlos Danger said:
    Sorry! Wrong thread. My bad!

Hey Carlos,

You should definately check the 'jizz faces' thread on this board. Recommended!

Peace,

Raphael Sly from NYC

• Hmmm.... sounds interesting. Everything except the "faces" part.

• ElectrodeElectrode Los Angeles 3,080 Posts
    AndreBreton said:
    I just started slicing this thing up last night. I'm really excited for this one.

Same here. Also, this is probably the most Bowie I have listened to in one sitting for a while

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    My take:
    -Numanoff entries were few and "unenthusiastic"
    -I'm tired of having to beg and give handy j's to foos to finish a beat in over a month (often closer to 2 mos) time
    -I'm not feeling the song, nor did I even remember the song and I've had the record many times, so I was worried it wouldn't light a fire under any of yalls asses
    That's my RAEL TALK take on the matter FTR.
    YOU WANT A BOWIEOFF! YOU GOT IT BITCHES.

Festivus!

I've got my choice for whole album special edition beatoff. I will respectfully wait till the Bowieoff is done, maybe overlap by a few weeks. That way we can get a better turnaround and build some steam.

Thanks Non. I feel you. Despite Jammy's awesome results, the Numanoff just kind of dragged and I didn't really enjoy working on it nor my finished product.

• jammyjammy remixing bongo rock... 813 Posts
    Controller_7 said:
    Festivus!

I've got my choice for whole album special edition beatoff. I will respectfully wait till the Bowieoff is done, maybe overlap by a few weeks. That way we can get a better turnaround and build some steam.

Thanks Non. I feel you. Despite Jammy's awesome results, the Numanoff just kind of dragged and I didn't really enjoy working on it nor my finished product.

I wholeheartedly agree with the_non's and controller7's sentiments. Maybe the next winner can pick the full album?