Yall mess with PRETTY LIGHTS?

yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
edited July 2013 in Strut Central
I was dismissing his music for a while, cuz the same dudes on my FB were riding for Thievery Corp. etc, but this dude has some interesting stuff going...

Comments

• parallaxparallax no-style-having mf'er 1,266 Posts
    This actually sounds incredible! Thanks for posting it.

• volumenvolumen 2,532 Posts
    A lot of his songs sound similar but its good chill music.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    ehh

• Nice and chilled, but nothing to get excited about.

• DJFerrariDJFerrari 2,411 Posts
    I ride... hard :pasue:

Since I've been getting into producing my own stuff, I'd say he's been my #1 inspiration. I never thought I'd get into electronic music, but I really dig his sound. I also ride for Michal Menert, Gramatik, and Supervision... all on the Pretty Lights label.

• Controller_7Controller_7 4,052 Posts
    My coworker is a mega fan. I haven't listened enough to form an opinion. He said all of his albums are available for free on his site. How does he make enough money to fund all of this (projects like this and a record label)?

In that video he's doing rave style events. Festival/rave money? I guess that must pay well.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    In that video he's doing rave style events. Festival/rave money? I guess that must pay well.

Yes.

He seems to be one of the few beat-makers that makes electronic music and rocks the 21yr old crowd as well as make an album like the above with mostly studio musicians. Pretty incredible feat if you ask me.

• JectWonJectWon (@_@) 1,654 Posts
    Well...I don't have too much knowledge of the man, but this cannot be fronted on in my opinion:

Thanks for sharing.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,896 Posts
    Kinda reminds me a bit of kraked unit a bit.

• empanadamnempanadamn 1,462 Posts
    mad hat styles, yo!

• djtopcatdjtopcat Seattle WA The 206 312 Posts
    I made a mashup album with all Rakim acapellas and Pretty Lights. Very similar to my Gangstarr vs Gramatik mashup album from a
    few years ago. I like PL cool cat.

Here's a zip of the album

http://www66.zippyshare.com/v/34997807/file.html

• Some of the vocals on this record are seriously grueling, particularly given the amount of care that went in to the instrumentation.