Random Strut Memories aka "The Good Ol' Days."

Comments

• kitchenknightkitchenknight 4,922 Posts
    tripledouble said:
    ??? Oldenstylehats vs Philahobo.
    I think they were good friends who got into some fisticuffs at a club and that night or the day after Whitelily (where is she?!) got on here blastin' Oldenstyleformdiplo for instigating. That might've been deleted shortly after too.

yo that shit was a ridiculous night. we had this ongoing fight club thing going at the weekly night we'd spin at a bar. wes and i were punching each other in the face in the parking lot, no one else around. shit was retarded. then all of a sudden theres this homeless guy with a shopping cart asking us if we're all right. "yeah, were friends". "well. friends do that sometimes. can i get a dollar?" wes gives him a bill with blood all over it. then we drive to the end of whitelily's night at silkcity, and end up getting in a fight with the bartenders and "bouncers". wes lost a shoe, got bit on the foot and got banned from the club until he was famous. i lost my cell phone and broke the bartenders ribs when he rushed me when i was on the ground and i donkey kicked him. i didnt know him but we had friends in common who were mad at me for a year. that was pretty much the end of the unofficial fight club

That line is the funniest thing I've read on here in a minute.

• KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts
    jammy said:
    one of my all time favourites is easily the '200crates' saga. Who remembers that doozie?!

Was it Idem beefing with... that other aussie guy ;)

• KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts
    Thanks man - reading that 200 crates one is awesome. I didn't recall JP's sarcastic responses getting totally missed by Idem.

Someone find me the original superpoaster thread!

I wanna reminisce!

• we all knew he would make an excellent father:

DB_Cooper said:
    vintageinfants said:
    i think this is gonna be one of those days where we all learn something about ourselves.

Once I'm done with them, those kids won't be learning anything else except what it feels like to take the ultimate L, nahmean? Talmbout naptime. Permanently.

• LokoOneLokoOne 1,823 Posts
    ZomB said:

Cheerz mate

• caicai spacecho 362 Posts
    I remember a thread with Monty (R.I.P.) arguing with some career-DJ's on here... it got pretty heated from what i remember. Not sure how it started but I think he said that he thought DJ's were inferior to musicians and it went from there. I forget who it was but they were "just trying to feed [their] family!" or something. Pretty entertaining!

• kalakala 3,358 Posts
    lol!
    location?
    "got bit on the foot and got banned from the club until he was famous."

the true story of johnnypaycheck
    PAP !
    me vs dizzy bull,me vs all the other KUNTS like bald eagle of boredom,that Kunt Dr wu[spew}cockadelic,redundo
    etc

grape jelly on stark reality

socrates pops up with 3 copies of stark reality and an insane record store in his crib then disappears.

all the biz markie stuff

the legend of stinky steve

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    vintageinfants said:
    we all knew he would make an excellent father:

DB_Cooper said:
    vintageinfants said:
    i think this is gonna be one of those days where we all learn something about ourselves.

Once I'm done with them, those kids won't be learning anything else except what it feels like to take the ultimate L, nahmean? Talmbout naptime. Permanently.

Yes! The "How many 5-year-olds could you take out" thread. I remember everybody having fun with it except that one dude from Chicago who called me out in another thread and said something about wanting to step to me and how he wasn't a five-year-old or something like that. Then he disappeared.

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    BEANDIP

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    Kinetic said:
    jammy said:
    one of my all time favourites is easily the '200crates' saga. Who remembers that doozie?!

Was it Idem beefing with... that other aussie guy ;)

There have been other similar threads.

I remember one regarding a gig flyer. I think there were some real hurt feelings involved, so not so much fun.

There was a Bizzaro World thread.
    People posted up DJs myspace page's with the same name as posters, i.e. DJ LaserWolf who just happened to be DJing a mile from my home.

• dukeofdelridgedukeofdelridge urgent.monkey.mice 2,453 Posts
    MEMORIES CAN STILL BE MADE

• sabadabadasabadabada 5,966 Posts
    This

When I got banned for the third time and I purchased this banner ad to run at the top of the page.

sabadabada said:
    When I got banned for the third time and I purchased this banner ad to run at the top of the page.

And I laughed my ass off every time I saw it. :comedy_gold:

• the3rdstreamthe3rdstream 1,980 Posts

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    DB_Cooper said:
    sabadabada said:

And I laughed my ass off every time I saw it. :comedy_gold:

Yeah, that was very well played.

• Options
    Herm said:
    Sween starting a thread asking Jonny for the shop's number 'cause he was too lazy to go downstairs to get it.

Doesn't ring a bell, but sounds like something I would do.

• discos_almadiscos_alma discos_alma 2,164 Posts
    Has to be the CWATEDIGGAZ saga for me.

http://www.soulstrut.com/index.php/forums/viewthread/51325/

Or skip straight to the :hayek: here: http://www.soulstrut.com/index.php/forums/viewthread/51325/P120/

CR8DGRS said:
    If you minus myself and my records from the equation of CrateDiggers.com - you have a fully functional site that does not charge you for listing your records - that was the biz plan.

^^ :killin_it: :game_over:

B/W

HEATROCKS FOR HAITI

• Things change, I've changed, the game has done changed. Please keep my name out your mouf.

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts

• One from the files

Just spent my day reading the cratedigger thread. Skipped it the first time, too long.

There was also a record site that showed most recent/popular searches at the bottom of the page.
    Was supposed to be all Dylan, Beatles, Sinatra... but we turned it into all Sayer, breakz, raer and other jokes.

One time Gary was banned from a banjo web site and sent us all over to wreck havoc.

• HorseleechHorseleech 3,830 Posts
    LaserWolf said:
    One time Gary was banned from a banjo web site and sent us all over to wreck havoc.

Yeah, it was Banjo Hangout, that was pretty damn funny. Thing is, that site is moderated to death and everybody was getting denied membership right off the bat and the bombing raid never materialized.

Who knew these banjo pluckers were so vigilant?

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    hugh_lucero said:
    One from the files

I've been looking for this for years. Thank you!!!!

Horseleech said:
    Who knew these banjo pluckers were so vigilant?

Banjo players are ever vigilant. And dangerous as hell. Do not engage.

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    No mention of Soulstrut, but Whitelily gets a mention...

• "Favorite Popeyes Side order"
    the "Get On My Level" guy
    Tales of the Scorpio Warehouse
    Millions of threads about grumpy record store dudes
    poasts by AP (where is he now?)

• ketanketan Warmly booming riffs 3,095 Posts
    Herm said:
    No mention of Soulstrut, but Whitelily gets a mention...

that is the best ending i've seen yet!

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts
    Herm said:
    Dizzybull used to crack me up. Dude was extremely silly and it used to really piss off the Strutters who took them themselves far too serious.

100% sincere since day one brotha