i've blocked myself from soulstrut.

vintageinfantsvintageinfants 4,537 Posts
edited July 2013 in Strut Central
while navigate around here lately, i've decided that rather than to engage any of the pukes that travel from thread to thread spitting complete nonsense my best course of action is to block them and go on about my day.

this has taken it's toll.

most of the threads that i now go into now read as pages and pages of:
View / Hide ??? Stop ignoring "______________"
A post is hidden because "___________" is being ignored.[

so pretty much, by trying to police the matter on my own i have essentially blocked MYSELF from becoming a part of any discourse. which is sad.

what are my other options?

Comments

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    post your ignore list or you're soft

• PatrickCrazy said:
    View / Hide ??? Stop ignoring PatrickCrazy
    A post is hidden because PatrickCrazy is being ignored.

:dominoes:

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    vintageinfants said:
    PatrickCrazy said:

Yeah, I end up interacting with Strutters more on Facebook these days. You get to pick your friends, nahmean?

• ppadilhappadilha 2,236 Posts
    vintageinfants said:
    what are my other options?

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    trolls are the realest clicks in the game

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    Do what I do, either a) ignore the dumb shit, b) refuse/ignore trolls and their bait (or if you must engage them, do it with some silly shit instead of getting offended or defensive, then K.I.M.) and c) post whatever you want regardless of what other people may think. I treat this place like my house 'cause it is. I pop in where I want when I want. I'm sure I annoy some folks but who cares? Personally, I don't think I've ever offended anybody seriously. Yeah, I poke fun at some crazy fools here, but when they poke back I don't let it faze me.

We've lost too many OGs 'cause they just got sick of the BS. This place can frustrate the hell out of you BUT ONLY IF YOU LET IT.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    Herm said:
    Do what I do, either a) ignore the dumb shit, b) refuse/ignore trolls and their bait (or if you must engage them, do it with some silly shit instead of getting offended or defensive, then K.I.M.) and c) post whatever you want regardless of what other people may think. I treat this place like my house 'cause it is. I pop in where I want when I want. I'm sure I annoy some folks but who cares? Personally, I don't think I've ever offended anybody seriously. Yeah, I poke fun at some crazy fools here, but when they poke back I don't let it faze me.

We've lost too many OGs 'cause they just got sick of the BS. This place can frustrate the hell out of you BUT ONLY IF YOU LET IT.
    tl;dr

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    vintageinfants said:
    PatrickCrazy said:

• dukeofdelridgedukeofdelridge urgent.monkey.mice 2,453 Posts
    if there were a bot that told you who's ignoring me, I'd ignore it.

I think soulstrut does a pretty good job of self-regulating, just don't go into the politi-poasts. Ever.

dukeofdelridge said:

I think soulstrut does a pretty good job of self-regulating, just don't go into the politi-poasts. Ever.

I believe the time has come for Teh Duke of Delridge to LET SLIP THE DOGS OF WAR. And by "DOGS OF WAR", I mean all of the crazy-ass thread ideas you have undoubtedly had over the years but thought too...racoontuerish. I'm thinking that is the right adjective? Whatevs. I love you like a fat kid loves cake. Make me proud.

• dukeofdelridge said:

Yeah those politi-thraeds can go a little out of hand, I must admit I've made myself guilty of that as well sometimes.

• Fred_GarvinFred_Garvin The land of wind and ghosts 337 Posts
    They can get out of hand, but there is some decent discourse in those threads, at least until they hit their tipping point. For some perspective, check the 'politics' section on Craiglist. That place makes SS political posts look like PBS NewsHour.

• covecove 1,566 Posts
    Fred_Garvin said:
    They can get out of hand, but there is some decent discourse in those threads, at least until they hit their tipping point. For some perspective, check the 'politics' section on Craiglist. That place makes SS political posts look like PBS NewsHour.

agreed.

(It takes all kinds...?)

• buttonbutton 1,475 Posts
    Its 2013, can people really not ignore troll bait yet ?!?

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    handmade_tortillas said:

meet me in the john with the goldfish.

Can we get a smiley of this?

LaserWolf said:
    handmade_tortillas said:

meet me in the john with the goldfish.

Can we get a smiley of this?

It sounds like some sort of spy code. If spies were all 8-years-old.

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    I'd like to see a thread that you can only post in if you're drunk.