Random Strut Memories aka "The Good Ol' Days."

Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
edited July 2013 in Strut Central
Not the major stuff we all remember (Mingering Mike, Heatrocks, PAP Day, etc.), but what little random almost-forgotten tidbits do you remember?

??? Blue Bunny King Moist.
I remember him reaching a tipping point when someone recognized him in the real world and mentioned the Blue Bunny thing. I think he got kinda angry so we had to stop posting 'em.

??? White/Asian love.
I remember someone getting reeeeally upset at a commercial or ad featuring a white man with an Asian woman, then half the (white) Strutters were like "Ummm... MY girl is Asian!"

??? Punani Prince/Versace Broccoli.
Jonny, right?

??? The white text days.
*page me*

??? Asprin's "I only speak in jpegs" run.
Hiarious.

??? Me getting deported to Mexico.
A funny joke/prank started by King Moist that people really believed. Fools though I was jumping fences to get back over!

??? A certain Strutter's breakdown/on-blast post about his marriage and business relationship dissolving.
I won't mention his name because recent events make it hit a little to close to home, but I was one of the few people online at that time and I read every shocking detail. By the morning, it was gone. Deleted by Raj or another moderator. But during I was here clicking refresh and reading the whole thing. It was weird.

??? Oldenstylehats vs Philahobo.
I think they were good friends who got into some fisticuffs at a club and that night or the day after Whitelily (where is she?!) got on here blastin' Oldenstyleformdiplo for instigating. That might've been deleted shortly after too.

Back in those days, I was ALWAYS on Soulstrut, reading every single post in every single thread. My memory sucks so I know there's a whooole lot more I'm forgetting. (We may have even had a similar back-in-the-day thread like this. Doesn't hurt to revisit though, right?)

Anyways, whatchu got, holmeses??

Comments

• HollafameHollafame 844 Posts
    Cosmo's early posts (as AlienIverson)

Diplo

Bambouche's epic manifestos

Thes' Price is Right story

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    HOLLAFAME said:

Bambouche's epic manifestos

Wish I still had that pic I posted of my ladyfriend wearing the Vanguard Squad shirt. JUST the Vanguard Squad shirt.

• phono13phono13 842 Posts
    Off the top of my head...

Dizzybull's proclivity for Lawrence Welk records

GrandpaShig's food posts (his posts were hilarious in general)

Timmy Dig-a-lot... dropping (his) knowledge

Common use of transposing letters (pasue) really hitting the scene

Love/Hate of Backpacker Hip-Hop (goes on to this day)

I'll think of some others...

• phono13phono13 842 Posts
    Herm said:

Homie vs Hommie

Soulstrut young guns... like AKO and The Mack

Dizzybull used to crack me up. Dude was extremely silly and it used to really piss off the Strutters who took them themselves far too serious.

phono13 said:
    Herm said:

Homie vs Hommie

YES!

b/w

"hoLmes"

• HollafameHollafame 844 Posts
    maybe once the SS100 finishes up, we should have a vote for single greatest Soul Strut moment.

For me, nothing tops Monty's salma hayek

so many great moments, though, as you alluded to.

• strataspherestratasphere Blastin' the Nasty 1,035 Posts
    Poast your yearbook photo thraed
    Yo Csomo
    Damn near every Phill Most Chill/....sex with Lyn Christopher record post, and too many more during my short time here.

Sween starting a thread asking Jonny for the shop's number 'cause he was too lazy to go downstairs to get it.

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    DRAGONS WITH UZIS

• I may be remembering this wrong but was it Alieniverson and the Kendricks People Hold On post?

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    The_Non said:
    DRAGONS WITH UZIS

DENNAGON!

• Controller_7Controller_7 4,052 Posts
    The_Non said:
    DRAGONS WITH UZIS
    Yeah buddy.

The memorable fart thread. Still can bring me to tears.
    CSOMO was good.

To toot my own horn...

Hella SF pics.

undertheradar said:
    I may be remembering this wrong but was it Alieniverson and the Kendricks People Hold On post?

I thought it was the Dude Dudestofferson Cosmo Baker.

'Member when we could buy people new names? I bought that one for Cosmo during Dudegate.

Controller_7 said:

The memorable fart thread. Still can bring me to tears..

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    #1 - Phill's essay on how steroids saved baseball. Wish I could find that now.

Phill's photo essay of his kids destroying a (Third Guitar?) 45.

Sween telling a story about some out of control high school party, or something like that.
    He brilliantly moved the * in the lead characters name. *r***, **i**, ***a*, ****n, B****.

When I first started posting Asprin was the only poster who knew how to do jpegs.

Bambouche.

Herms old avatar.

Phillyhobo's travelogue to ever town with a strutter.

We watched a number of us find success, Vitamin on NPR reporting breaking news from Egypt, O-Dub on NPR, Secret Chimp in the NYT, not to mention all the musical and reissue success.

The thread on kitchen knives. I can't remember who schooled us with everything that needs to be known.

:cool:

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    LaserWolf said:
    The thread on kitchen knives. I can't remember who schooled us with everything that needs to be known.

Big Chan, I think?

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    DB_Cooper said:
    LaserWolf said:

Big Chan, I think?

Aser.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    Controller_7 said:
    The_Non said:
    DRAGONS WITH UZIS
    The memorable fart thread. Still can bring me to tears.

One of the greatest threads I've ever read on any forum/message board/whatever.

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    LaserWolf said:
    #1 - Phill's essay on how steroids saved baseball. Wish I could find that now.

Man, these testicularly challenged superweirdos were the only thing that pumped some life into the long dead sport known as major league baseball!!! Sosa, McGwire and Bonds pretty much saved the sport when they started bangin' roid juice into each other's ass cheeks and proceeded to turn warning track fly balls into mammoth tape measure home runs. Now everybody wants to come down on them and waste our tax dollars on congressional hearings and sh*t... what the hell for??? Those folls should be looked at as heroes. If they want to jeopardize their future health and the size of their balls in order to entertain us, I say LET THEM DO IT. F**k the record books, Babe Ruth and a lot of those other old time foolios amassed their stat totals back when my niggas were banned from playing, so how accurate are those totals, either? Not to mention all the greenie poppin' and line sniffin' that was done in the 60's and 70's. What about all the pitchers like Gaylord Perry who doctored the ball for their entire careers? You gotta put asteriks on the whole muthafackin' record book whether you wipe out the steroid freaks or not! So I say let Barry Bonds juice up until his head bursts open like a pinata... without the roids baseball is a DEAD SPORT.

By the way, Barry... that was a real bitch move yesterday. You let those folls know that they got you to crack... you ain't NEVER suppossed to let them know that they got to you! Suck it up and take it like a man, bitch.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    my son collect funk45

please take your mouth off

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    superpoaster

• KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts
    rootlesscosmo said:
    superpoaster

THIS.

Hcrink and I had alot of fun on TEH STRUT that day.

• kitchenknightkitchenknight 4,922 Posts
    Herm said:
    undertheradar said:
    I may be remembering this wrong but was it Alieniverson and the Kendricks People Hold On post?

I thought it was the Dude Dudestofferson Cosmo Baker.

'Member when we could buy people new names? I bought that one for Cosmo during Dudegate.

I dropped $10 bucks on renaming that dude from Minnesota "Mad Drama Teacher," who was a drama teacher.

He flamed out, and quit the strut in super melodramatic style.

Some of the best money I've ever spent.

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    Thirdstream making fun of crink in his mom's basement
    TheMack rapping and advice column
    Me Phi Mi roommate rage story
    Dead husband on the couch's record collection story
    Premier looking at soulstrut
    Docbeezy's sexy boss wanting sexy sex
    Fraudulent Thes One (Uno) bringing real Thes on here
    Dizzy vs L 13
    That musician/actor that Salma Hayek'd recently was pretty sweet
    NOLA Heatrocks was amazing

• tripledoubletripledouble 7,636 Posts
    damn phill's roid rant was the shit!!!

what was that epic heavyweight bout? georges vs. amir? you never want to see good people draw blood, but that was some crazy shit to see unfolding on the screen

brix and the greencrates was amazing

dizzy getting fired for reading soulstrut at work

• knewjakknewjak 1,231 Posts
    PUTO BONG BONG

LE TOUPE

HEAT ROCKS FOR KATRINA

BEEF WITH MARK B

PAP

MINGERING MIKE DISCOVERY

MEMORABLE FARTS

GUZZO ON BLIND DATE

??? Oldenstylehats vs Philahobo.
    I think they were good friends who got into some fisticuffs at a club and that night or the day after Whitelily (where is she?!) got on here blastin' Oldenstyleformdiplo for instigating. That might've been deleted shortly after too.

yo that shit was a ridiculous night. we had this ongoing fight club thing going at the weekly night we'd spin at a bar. wes and i were punching each other in the face in the parking lot, no one else around. shit was retarded. then all of a sudden theres this homeless guy with a shopping cart asking us if we're all right. "yeah, were friends". "well. friends do that sometimes. can i get a dollar?" wes gives him a bill with blood all over it. then we drive to the end of whitelily's night at silkcity, and end up getting in a fight with the bartenders and "bouncers". wes lost a shoe, got bit on the foot and got banned from the club until he was famous. i lost my cell phone and broke the bartenders ribs when he rushed me when i was on the ground and i donkey kicked him. i didnt know him but we had friends in common who were mad at me for a year. that was pretty much the end of the unofficial fight club

guzzo blind date!!!!
    formerdiplo jpeg cartoons. and keep in mind his name was formerformerdiplodocus cause he kept getting kicked off of ebay.

yo wha happened to breeze from baltimore?
    or kingmoist?