malcolm mclaren HOBO SCRATCH sample ID

youngEINSTEINyoungEINSTEIN 2,443 Posts
edited July 2013 in Strut Central
can someone tell the "whaaaaaaaaaa" and "looking like a hobo" sample?

peace, stein...

Comments

• tokyobeatstokyobeats 505 Posts
    check this....it explains ;)

http://www.redbullmusicacademy.com/lectures/trevor-horn--buggles-in-the-bassbin?template=RBMA_Lecture/transcript

Trevor Horn "One thing I did do that was interesting, a lot of the stuff I???d recorded in South Africa, ???cause I was aware of copyright even then, I cut onto vinyl. All that (sings) ???Looking like a hobo,??? is the Zulu people from South Africa. That little noise at the front, that (sings), that???s the Zulu woman who said Malcolm couldn???t sing. That???s the Zulu war cry that Zulu women make when they???re killing somebody. That???s what she told me anyway"

• youngEINSTEINyoungEINSTEIN 2,443 Posts
    thanks for the link.

i'm having a hard time comprehending this. if it's true i'd love to hear those "tribal people" records trevor made.

peace, stein. . .

• tokyobeatstokyobeats 505 Posts
    agreed, seems unlikely......

the horse doesn't always utter the truth

• HawkeyeHawkeye 896 Posts
    And have you ever heard of this ?

Strange rip off of a World's Famous Supreme Team classic.

cheers hawkeye.

peace, stein. . .

SO.....

the supreme team got back to me. they said that trevor did certainly cut that record in Soweto.
    they said he only had 2 copies with him at the studio for the scratches. and they don't have the record.

peace, stein. . .

• HawkeyeHawkeye 896 Posts
    WOW

Because Trevor Horn mentions his awareness regarding the copyrights, I would bet that the "aaah" screams that are credited to be from a Hugo Montenegro record are also on those 2 dubplates and were also done by the Zulus.

At sec. 0.03

I was always not convinced that this was from Hugo, it sounds similar, but not 100%

you don't hear any percussion on the malcolm mclaren "aaah's"

peace, stein. . .

• SIRUSSIRUS 2,554 Posts
    youngEINSTEIN said:
    SO.....

the supreme team got back to me. they said that trevor did certainly cut that record in Soweto.
    they said he only had 2 copies with him at the studio for the scratches. and they don't have the record.

peace, stein. . .

this is why i love the strut.