Tebow to Patriots

Bon VivantBon Vivant The Eye of the Storm 2,018 Posts
edited June 2013 in Strut Central
http://espn.go.com/boston/nfl/story/_/id/9362801/tim-tebow-sign-new-england-patriots-sources-say

Who's taking him in the Soul Strut FF league?

b/w

Thymebomb's head is probably exploding right now.

Comments

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    Tebow was once a bad starting qb on a bad team who had a few lucky late wins.

It is doubtful he will ever be given a starting NFL job again.

• HorseleechHorseleech 3,830 Posts
    LaserWolf said:

If he finally agrees to be a tight end, he'll start next year.

• Bon VivantBon Vivant The Eye of the Storm 2,018 Posts
    Horseleech said:
    LaserWolf said:

Only if Gronk and Hernandez can't.

I predict he's cut by the third preseason game.

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    D.E.L.E.T.E.

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    Interesting.
    I didn't know he had te, fb, hb potential.

Makes sense.

If it is gods will it will happen.

Bon Vivant said:
    Horseleech said:
    LaserWolf said:

Only if Gronk and Hernandez can't.

I'm guessing this is an insurance sign in case Gronk can't heal.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    Dear Sweet Baby Football Jesus,

Please allow Mr. Tom Brady to suffer a very minor and painless season ending injury before week 3 of the NFL Season and then follow that up with having that nice Mr. Andrew Waller abducted by Space Aliens and Mr. Ryan Mallett taking the year off for personal reasons.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    rootlesscosmo said:
    D.E.L.E.T.E.

Thymebomb13 said:
    Rockadelic said:
    Dear Sweet Baby Football Jesus,

Please allow Mr. Tom Brady to suffer a very minor and painless season ending injury before week 3 of the NFL Season and then follow that up with having that nice Mr. Andrew Waller abducted by Space Aliens and Mr. Ryan Mallett taking the year off for personal reasons.

Walter was released in 2009.

or abducted by Space Aliens

• waxjunkywaxjunky 1,850 Posts
    Who doesn't love the Teeb?!

• Fred_GarvinFred_Garvin The land of wind and ghosts 337 Posts
    Rockadelic said:
    Sweet Baby Football Jesus
    This is my new favorite version of Jesus.

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,784 Posts
    waxjunky said:
    Who doesn't love the Teeb?!

TEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEBBBBBBBBOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!

• rain103rain103 476 Posts
    Taking a look at the scenario from a different angle...

Interesting that Belicheck would take on Ryan's failed project. Is Tebow simply a low cost insurance or is it a way to show Ryan 'you're doing it wrong'?

rain103 said:

Interesting that Belicheck would take on Ryan's failed project. Is Tebow simply a low cost insurance or is it a way to show Ryan 'you're doing it wrong'?

There's tons of this type of speculation going on, but I don't buy any of it. I really don't believe that Belichick would do something like this for effect or to make some kind of statement, he's too pragmatic and calculating. They have a plan for Tebow, though I'm not sure what exactly it is.

• rain103rain103 476 Posts
    I agree. This also isn't outside of what Belicheck has made a killing in. Find the best out of anyone and put them to use any way possible.

The mind of Belicheck must be a scary world.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    Horseleech said:
    rain103 said:

There's tons of this type of speculation going on, but I don't buy any of it. I really don't believe that Belichick would do something like this for effect or to make some kind of statement, he's too pragmatic and calculating. They have a plan for Tebow, though I'm not sure what exactly it is.

Nothing but trick plays!

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,784 Posts
    Bon Vivant said:

[Heathers] Oh, the humanity [/Heathers]

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    I'm hearing he'll be arraigned at 2 p.m. Eastern on one major charge and five lesser charges.

I'm predicting a murder charge.

Rae Carruth is going to have some company in the pantheon of NFL's greatest villians.

Bon Vivant said:

Rae Carruth is going to have some company in the pantheon of NFL's greatest villians.

Murder, most foul.

Trenni Kusnierek @trenni

RT @WesleyLowery #Hernandez charged with murder and five gun-related charges. Pleas not guilty.

Bon Vivant said:
    Bon Vivant said:

Murder, most foul.

Trenni Kusnierek @trenni

RT @WesleyLowery #Hernandez charged with murder and five gun-related charges. Pleas not guilty.

Listening to the arraignment live now. Based on what they have, I'd say dude is fucked.

Annnnnnndddddd now they're looking at him as a suspect in a double homicide last July. Stoplight shooting on the streets of Boston. This guy is starting to make Rae Carruth look like an amateur.

• djannadjanna 1,543 Posts
    I watched it live as well, as it cut into all good daytime programming here in Boston ;). Very sinister shit- and did you see BLOOD tat on dudes hand?

djanna said:
    I watched it live as well, as it cut into all good daytime programming here in Boston ;). Very sinister shit- and did you see BLOOD tat on dudes hand?

He has known connections to the Latin Kings as well. I guess that will help in MCI Walpole, because this dude is spending life in prison.

• so how long ago did the patriots know about this?

vintageinfants said:
    so how long ago did the patriots know about this?

The story broke almost two weeks ago that the body was found and Hernandez was a person of interest. Investigators were in and out of his house ever since, but the main charge everyone thought was coming was obstruction of justice. Nobody learned about the murder charge until around 2:30 p.m. yesterday, but the Patriots released him earlier in the day, about and hour and a half after he was arrested. The Pats have since said they had been planning to release him since the investigation started, but were waiting for the arrest to be made, ostensibly because it would forfeit the remainder of his contract.

DB_Cooper said:
    The story broke almost two weeks ago

Pre or Post Tebow?

Rockadelic said:
    DB_Cooper said:
    The story broke almost two weeks ago

Pre or Post Tebow?

Post. Wiped Tebow completely out of the local consciousness.