New Mix - Aussie Funk Vol. 2

KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts
edited June 2013 in Strut Central

So yeah... just put this up in the mix section last night. I spent a fair bit of time putting this togteher, so hopefully folks check it out. This one expands on my first aussie funk mix with a fair deeper selection of rare and funky Australian records. There's funk, jazz, psych, rock, a bit of disco and of course, an emphasis on TEH BREAKZ. From 75 mins in, it's basically just breaks.

So yeah... let Australiaman know what you think.

http://www.soulstrut.com/index.php/Mixes/indepth/aussie_funk_vol._2/

Comments

• dj_cityboydj_cityboy 1,460 Posts
    just downloaded, oddly the name of the file is: DJ Kinetic - Aussie Funk vol 2 SEP 2010

SEP 2010
    ?

• KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts
    dj_cityboy said:
    just downloaded, oddly the name of the file is: DJ Kinetic - Aussie Funk vol 2 SEP 2010

SEP 2010
    ?

Long story short, I put this together a while ago and then lost my soundcloud log-in for it until the other day!

• skelskel You can't cheat karma 5,033 Posts
    Very cool, many thanks.

Funk and jazz sounds filtered via local experience, values and culture is usually a rewarding endeavour, and this hits that spot nicely.

That bitd Luv n Haight Aussie comp was an eye opener, but to have someone on the ground put together a more panoramic set is much appreciated.
    Bravo.

skel said:
    Very cool, many thanks.

Funk and jazz sounds filtered via local experience, values and culture is usually a rewarding endeavour, and this hits that spot nicely.

That bitd Luv n Haight Aussie comp was an eye opener, but to have someone on the ground put together a more panoramic set is much appreciated.
    Bravo.

Thanks man - glad you dug it.

Yeah, the Luv n Haight comp was great. The Respect Overdue comps (there's three volumes) were also eye-opening even for me as a local, and were put out by a friend of mine.

• kalakala 3,361 Posts
    i just tried to listen but there is no link?

kala said:
    i just tried to listen but there is no link?

That's awkward.

• kalakala 3,361 Posts
    that works

• w i l lw i l l 17 Posts
    Dope mix, Kinetic. Still need to listen to the last 1/3 or so but I can't say I recognised any of the tracks. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't surprised at that. Been digging locally on and off for a few years now, thanks for the wake up call! (and for making the mix downloadable)

Peace

w i l l said:
    Dope mix, Kinetic. Still need to listen to the last 1/3 or so but I can't say I recognised any of the tracks. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't surprised at that. Been digging locally on and off for a few years now, thanks for the wake up call! (and for making the mix downloadable)

Peace

Thanks man - I always listen to mixes in the hope of being turned onto good music I have never heard before, so I'm glad I achieved the same.

For anyone that's interested, the full track listing is available here.

• w i l lw i l l 17 Posts
    Kinetic said:
    w i l l said:

Peace

Thanks man - I always listen to mixes in the hope of being turned onto good music I have never heard before, so I'm glad I achieved the same.

For anyone that's interested, the full track listing is available here.
    YES, interested in that ;) . Surprised again. Nice blog, too, man.

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,784 Posts
    Listened & enjoyed. Great jams, and nice mixing that balanced some well-timed cuts without being too intrusive on the musical experience.

Always good to be schooled on another country's music scene as I know nada about Ozzie funk. I shall sacrifice a tinnie to the compiler gods.

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts
    How the hell did i miss this?

Your blog is amazing man.

Good shit.

• is that the Moir Sisters at 12:33? always loved that record.. sounds different than I remember.. Dope mix.

Thanks all! Humbled to hear that people are digging it, and the blog for that matter. And yes Recordbeast, that is Moir Sisters at 12:33 in. Such a good cut... fun fact, this is on a 45 too, but I have only ever found one copy.