Are DJ accessories getting too damn expensive?

JectWonJectWon (@_@) 1,654 Posts
edited June 2013 in Strut Central
I know Turntable lab isn't the place to go to for a "deal"...but they have a DJ bag for $400 goddamn dollars...

http://turntablelab.com/products/lexdray-ibiza-pack-bag

The bag looks useful, but...$400 dollars?

It seems like the cost of all things Dj related seems to be sky rocketing. Is it justified? Are people buying this shit? I'd rather put $400 forward for equipment/records/etc...is it because they know DJ's don't "have" to spend money on records anymore? I'd love to hear from anyone wtih some insight on this shit...

Comments

• Bon VivantBon Vivant The Eye of the Storm 2,018 Posts
    I get bags from 123dj.com.

Inexpensive, and decent (not great) quality.

My current bag, which I'm looking to replace, has been around for about 5 years. I, personally, think that's a good shelf life for a bag.

• knewjakknewjak 1,231 Posts
    Made in USA and limited to a run of 300. That probably explains the price.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Does someone make DJ Depends so I can shit & piss on myself while I rock?

• JectWonJectWon (@_@) 1,654 Posts
    batmon said:

Thats what those skirts do that ASAP and Kanye wear.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    It's that nobody can see the inside of the bag (since it's camo) that makes it $400.

• HorseleechHorseleech 3,830 Posts
    At $400, it's crossed over from DJ Accessory to Fashion Accessory.

• FrankFrank 2,370 Posts
    batmon said:

There's a certain British dj who fills up pint glasses after he emptied them.

• ppadilhappadilha 2,233 Posts
    ^^^^ trying to admit he's actually British.

• HollafameHollafame 844 Posts
    Aren't these just glorified laptop bags at this point?

• asstroasstro 1,754 Posts
    Lexdray makes uber-expensive bags of all types. That DJ bag is for someone who wants to be seen carrying a Lexdray, not for someone who actually DJ's. The bags are beautiful and well made, but fuck a $400 backpack...

http://www.lexdray.com/collections/all

• YNOTYNOT in a studio apt mixing tuna with the ramen 417 Posts
    Yes DJ accessories are too damn expensive. The struggle to keep working equipment is more than enough for me. Decided a long time ago to just go with what works. While on the topic of DJ bags, I'd highly recommend a Tucker & Bloom a company run by a fellow Strutter:

http://www.tucker-bloom.com/

After running though record bags every year or so grabbing one was a game change. Been toting one of these for 4 years now and still holding up strong. A little pricey but you're paying for quality, a bag hand made here in the US. Don't mean to de-rail the thread but these bags are something I stand behind and I don't endorse no shit!

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    I could see spending $400 on a beautifully constructed, super soft, leather bag. That?? Laughter

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    I wanna get to the level where I can make a DJ bag out of Kanye's actual head.

• YemskyYemsky 707 Posts
    The best thing about that bag must be: "Storage for 6-8 records"

• El PrezEl Prez NE Ohio 1,141 Posts
    Delay said:
    I could see spending $400 on a beautifully constructed, super soft, leather bag. That?? Laughter

Should at least be made of leather

• HOTSOUPHOTSOUP 63 Posts
    YNOT said:
    Yes DJ accessories are too damn expensive. The struggle to keep working equipment is more than enough for me. Decided a long time ago to just go with what works. While on the topic of DJ bags, I'd highly recommend a Tucker & Bloom a company run by a fellow Strutter:

After running though record bags every year or so grabbing one was a game change. Been toting one of these for 4 years now and still holding up strong. A little pricey but you're paying for quality, a bag hand made here in the US. Don't mean to de-rail the thread but these bags are something I stand behind and I don't endorse no shit!

If you guys are looking we've got a bag for 45's we designed with Rich Medina coming out in a few weeks. Here's a photo from a recent shoot. Pretty excited to use this one myself.

• SIRUSSIRUS 2,554 Posts
    HOTSOUP said:

"45s? this is my straw hat bag."

YNOT said:

Damn, that North To South bag looks like exactly what I need.

Trigger finger getting itchy...

Horseleech said:
    YNOT said:

Use coupon code: SoulStrut for 25% off. Good for 5 orders.

HOTSOUP said:
    Horseleech said:
    YNOT said:

Nice, for real?

I should give props to a friend mine and his bag company too:

http://www.teamworkbags.com/Home.htm

Made in USA. Checkout the green canvas line.
    The 'WJS Messenger' bag is pretty great, and there is a well padded pouch for laptops.

knewjak said:
    HOTSOUP said:
    Horseleech said:
    YNOT said:

Nice, for real?

Yep. Only two more left.

TRIGGER PULLED.

Thanks for the hook up HS!

Horseleech said:
    TRIGGER PULLED.

Thanks for the support broham! Sitting down here in Nashville watching your bags get made as I write this!

• On the other hand, I just got the Pioneer DDJ-SX controller for 1K which is pretty much 2 CDJs and a 4-channel mixer in one, which would cost 3K.

• SnappingSnapping 995 Posts
    HOTSOUP said:
    Horseleech said:
    TRIGGER PULLED.

Thanks for the support broham! Sitting down here in Nashville watching your bags get made as I write this!

Much like Mr H. Leech I was super tempted to get one of your bags and the kind offer above proved irresistible. Thanks!

• w i l lw i l l 17 Posts
    This thread couldn't have come up at a better time for me. Ordered a T&B messenger bag and looking forward to checking it out. Thanks for the coupon, HS!

w i l l said:
    This thread couldn't have come up at a better time for me. Ordered a T&B messenger bag and looking forward to checking it out. Thanks for the coupon, HS!
    Things Will, just glad I could help! BTW this guy is headed for a July release.

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    So we're calling hookers "DJ accessories" now? I just can't keep up with you kids these days and your crazy slang.