RIP Tony

DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
edited June 2013 in Strut Central

I just started watching the season from the beginning again.

One of my fav shows of all time. He put in some strong performances the last few films. Sad news.

Comments

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    I was a huge fan. RIP.

(Sopranos > Wire BTW, not to derail....)

• edith headedith head 5,106 Posts
    Aww man. RIP.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    Played the likeable SOB perfectly....RIP

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    RIP

• hogginthefogghogginthefogg 6,098 Posts
    RIP to an icon. 51, man. Way too soon.

• HumanacatHumanacat 177 Posts
    This hurts, this guy has been such a staple in my family living room for many years.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    I few weeks back I was re-watching In the Loop. If you haven't seen it, you should check it out. Not everyone's cup of tea, but I enjoyed it.

• Controller_7Controller_7 4,052 Posts
    Sad news. Great actor.

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts

[removed][removed]

???It's good to be in something from the ground floor. I came too late for that and I know. But lately, I'm getting the feeling that I came in at the end. The best is over.???

RIP.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    RIP, very tragic
    girl and i just finished season 5
    probably the fifth time i'm watching the series and i'm still amazed at the show

• True Romance...

• JectWonJectWon (@_@) 1,654 Posts

• AKallDayAKallDay 830 Posts
    I had a longstanding residency at Sway, west of Soho and I'm chronically early, so I would often go across the street to the Ear Inn and eat something, sitting at the bar before I settled into an all night gig. I would regularly see James Gandolfini in there at that time of the evening. I guess that was his spot. Sometimes he was alone, sometimes with a woman or a small group but no one ever bothered him and he seemed to enjoy lingering for long periods of time admiring the atmosphere and savoring the food. It was somehow soothing to see, his contentment and so forth, being such a huge celebrity. His talent as an actor really dawned on me when (Sopranos familiarity req'd) he played Tony's alter ego or whatever that was supposed to be when Tony was under sedation and there's a dreamy sequence of him being Kevin Finnerty, a businessman who has lost his wallet and is in some manner of hotel california - no accent/lisp, no traces of the Tony character at all. I was blown away by his versatility as an actor after that. By all accounts a great actor and good guy. A natural.
    RIP

• no kidding tone

• [double]

dont be mad at me.