Who's Got the Hot Hands...Diggin' Related?

Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
edited June 2013 in Strut Central
Hey,

I have to say that over the last 3 years, I've had the 'hot hands' up in the record stores. Pretty much, about 90% of the records that I have pulled from bins have been . My mixes during this time period feature sprinklings of said heatery. I hope this hot streak continues. Have any of my fellow 'Stutters had the 'hot hands' in the bins recently?

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

Comments

• fejmelbafejmelba 1,139 Posts
    Compared to the stuff you find in these parts of the world i might say im doing pretty well.

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    fejmelba said:
    Compared to the stuff you find in these parts of the world i might say im doing pretty well.

That's nice to hear, Fejmelba. Cold streaks ars :shitty: , been there done that.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• strataspherestratasphere Blastin' the Nasty 1,035 Posts
    Up until six months ago, I was :killin_it: in the Jazz and Rock section. Since I am now in an area with no stores or fleas/ thrifts that sells records, I have been experiencing digger's withdrawl. I can't wait to get back to all my regular spots.

• BallzDeepBallzDeep 612 Posts
    we talking purely $ bin scores, or everything?

• LurkalotLurkalot 41 Posts
    Hahahaha funny this thread comes up, these past months I have had the hot hands when diggin is involved. I tried to explain this to my partner because she was getting mad at all the records i've been bringing home but alas she does not understand the hot handedness! :crazy:

• discos_almadiscos_alma discos_alma 2,164 Posts
    Last month, hot hands like Barretto. This month - the great drought of Summer 2013.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    My entire life...

• kalakala 3,361 Posts
    HarveyCanal said:
    My entire life...

that was awesome
    thanks for posting harv

i've had an incredible run of luck the last month or so
    but it is the season for the heat to appear.

• inVrsinVrs 687 Posts
    yes i m also having a really good time recently. Seems like i found better stuff in the last couple of months than in the 3-4 years prior to that. More on this soon in the finds thread.

• Def. Had long reply queried. It's something to be back. Hot hands, $ on the out...good night n Pease

• I have been exclusively digging in the 1 eurobins at thrift shops these past months with great results.

But usually the summer months are the luckiest for me here in Holland.

• mrmatthewmrmatthew 1,575 Posts

Its been a good summer so far.
    Even though my last ebay sale was a real drag, im still at it.
    Lots and lots of breaks, which would have really had me psyched 5 years ago...but nowadays im more into the full album finds and raer flips.
    Hopefully, the streak will last.

• skullsnapsskullsnaps 138 Posts
    Damn, you guys are making me miss actual diggin', not the virtual version that pretty much is the only sort of vinyl buying I do anymore with a few exceptions. Even when I do go to real record stores, I go to specialty shops where they basically know what they have and charge accordingly. I'm too lazy/busy to devote the energy and time needed to really dig anymore. I did have a nice 20 year hot hand streak though ;)

• shooteralishooterali 1,591 Posts
    [quote author="Lurkalot date=1371172867my partner because she was getting mad at all the records i've been bringing home My wife get's mad at me for the same exact reason