Kanye's NYT interview

Comments

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    vintageinfants said:
    wouldn't give a shit about him in any way if he was all meek and unassuming.

though I wouldn't choose those two exact words to describe Dilla, he was, in a manner, the anti-Kanye and the way people give a shit about him is kinda unhealthy lol

I guess it all depends on what you want in your rock star.

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    the whole "dude needs help!" "how dare he compare himself to Miles Davis!" thing is hilarious.

come on guys, a) what do you expect b) are you not entertained c) who really cares, this dude lives in an alternate universe

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    Kanye Definitely Hasn't Changed My Life.

HarveyCanal said:

He did change my t-shirt. Now it's made out of gold leaf and has a snap-together drop crotch. Like a saggy onesie. I'm killin em out there.

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    Kanye Definitely Hasn't Changed My Life.[/quote

You'd probably be a happier person if you let him.

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    Jonny_Paycheck said:
    the whole "dude needs help!" "how dare he compare himself to Miles Davis!" thing is hilarious.

come on guys, a) what do you expect b) are you not entertained c) who really cares, this dude lives in an alternate universe

I can see the screaming tabloid headlines now "HAS KANYE LOST HIS MIND?!: West seen checking into local clinic."

It is hilarious. The idea that he's not just a very talented, very arrogant superstar with a ton of money, that's it's more than that and he has real issues or, is whatever. We all have issues.

• Jonny_Paycheck said:
    HarveyCanal said:

He did change my t-shirt. Now it's made out of gold leaf and has a snap-together drop crotch. Like a saggy onesie. I'm killin em out there.

YEEZY CHANGED MY INSEAM

Yeah, I did switch out all my blood diamonds for pink hearts and yellow moons. So there is that.

Herm said:
    HarveyCanal said:

Stop posting and just morph into Casey Kasem already.

HarveyCanal said:
    Herm said:
    HarveyCanal said:

Stop posting and just morph into Casey Kasem already.

I'm Chicano, you racist. Lighter shade of brown.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    I think he's changed the landscape in terms of cats adapting his fashion forwardness.

Musically i dont listen to current Hip Hop to really gauge the depth of his impact, but yall cant front like his run hasnt been referenced.

Weve been through this before.

batmon said:
    I think he's changed the landscape in terms of cats adapting his fashion forwardness.

Musically i dont listen to current Hip Hop to really gauge the depth of his impact, but yall cant front like his run hasnt been referenced.

Anyone who can't acknowledge his influence on popular music, probably doesn't listen to much popular music

Jonny_Paycheck said:
    batmon said:

Anyone who can't acknowledge his influence on popular music, probably doesn't listen to much popular music

Sayin'

• caicai spacecho 362 Posts
    My favourite part is when he declares himself the awards show police. If he doesn't bumrush the stage then you will know you deserved to win.

I am so credible and so influential and so relevant that I will change things. So when the next little girl that wants to be, you know, a musician and give up her anonymity and her voice to express her talent and bring something special to the world, and it???s time for us to roll out and say, ???Did this person have the biggest thing of the year???? ??? that thing is more fair because I was there.

:zooted:

01. On Sight
    02. Black Skinhead
    03. I Am A God (Featuring God)
    04. New Slaves (Featuring Frank Ocean)
    05. Hold My Liquor (Featuring Chief Keef & Justin Vernon)
    06. I???m In It
    07. Blood On The Leaves
    08. Guilt Trip (Featuring Kid Cudi)
    09. Send It Up (Featuring King L)
    10. Bound 2 (Featuring Charlie Wilson)

This dude has God doing a guest appearance. GOD. You foolios better hope there's a heaven for a hater!

• SIRUSSIRUS 2,554 Posts
    good Lord how does cudi keep getting features?????

• MjukisMjukis 1,675 Posts
    I love that Kanyes vision of his place in history is something like this:

Henry Ford
    Walt Disney
    Steve Jobs
    Kanye West

A friend saw him do an impromptu show at some art thing in London the other day. Said it was pretty painful, he was giving these speeches about how he wants to get into the art world, him getting scholarships, Andy Warhol etc. However, I'm thoroughly entertained by his music and all his antics. Though I admit it will be interesting to see what happens if, to quote the man himself, it "All falls down".

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    SIRUS said:
    good Lord how does cudi keep getting studio time?????

Fixed.

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,889 Posts
    I can see how Art may "Get" him better. He does have a vision; an M.O.

And he might do well out of the fashion industry where delusion is a plus.

So, I applaud the poly, if not the math.

• FlomotionFlomotion 2,390 Posts
    batmon said:

I bow down to his fashion forwardness. Bad jumpers, chinchilla coats and too-tight blazers on lock.

• Fred_GarvinFred_Garvin The land of wind and ghosts 337 Posts
    :

• Fred_GarvinFred_Garvin The land of wind and ghosts 337 Posts
    Kanye West said:
    I got the answers. I understand culture. I am the nucleus.
    Now if only someone would get him and Charlie Sheen into the same room, and hit the Record button. That would be a true milestone in entertainment.

• MjukisMjukis 1,675 Posts
    Fred_Garvin said:
    Kanye West said:
    Now if only someone would get him and Charlie Sheen into the same room, and hit the Record button. That would be a true milestone in entertainment.

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    Mjukis said:
    Fred_Garvin said:
    Kanye West said:

Can we also add Tom Cruise. Set, a plain, pale, room with nothing but three a very large sofas (couches) for them each to sit on.

So he's dropping an album soon and says some crazy shit to garner attention. Y'all took the bait it seems.

• FlomotionFlomotion 2,390 Posts
    batmon said:
    So he's dropping an album soon and says some crazy shit to garner attention. Y'all took the bait it seems.

Ha! Yep, they're predicting 500,000 first week sales- the boy knows how to sell himself

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
    Herm said:

05. Hold My Liquor (Featuring Chief Keef & Justin Vernon)

'Cited to hear this, strictly from a Midwest music perspective. We've got the Wisconsin sparse folk slash AOR guy with the young money drill guy from the ghetto, fresh off probation and now living in Chicago's North Suburbs.

Also, it's 2013, guys, do we still really need to have the Kanye-is-arrogant conversation?

And, Harvey, if it would make you feel more comfortable, just get in here and say that UGK was too low in the Soulstrut #onehunna and exit the thread in peace.

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    batmon said:

He's hardly low-profile, album or not. Kanye stays drawing attention to himself, but what makes him different from other rappers is that he seems to operate without a filter. It's all coming directly from him instead of through a PR or a management lackey. In other words, if it's bullshit, at least it's sincere bullshit.

I have to admit, though, I'm a little surprised to learn that displays of arrogance, egomania and self-aggrandisement now constitutes unacceptable behaviour for rappers.

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    Yer, I don't think it's some contrived publicity thing, he is just that crazy.