anybody ever say you have a DIGGIN problem?

youngEINSTEINyoungEINSTEIN 2,443 Posts
edited August 2005 in Strut Central
especially all ya'll married folls. peace, stein. . .

Comments

• coffinjoecoffinjoe 1,743 Posts

it is only a problem for those i live with
    for me there is no problem

• bobbydeebobbydee 849 Posts
    my parents came round to my new place the other night- and just walked around the lounge slowly shaking their heads and making tutting sounds. Like there were piles of used hypodermics laying up against all four walls, not rackords. During dinner-

dad: "so..... (uncomfortable pause) how are you Nick... finantially?"
    me: yeah good
    mum: its a wonder you can afford the rent.

shit was classic- seems im a junkie.

On a lighter note, my girls little sister was around last weekend and apon showing her my room she goes "you SLEEP in your STUDIO"

seems i've made the progression from just having a studio in my bedroom.

• I always get the "dont you think you have ENOUGH records?"

• Mr_Lee_PHDMr_Lee_PHD 2,042 Posts
    My Mum: By the way Lee, some records arrived for you today.

My Dad: WHAT, MORE RECORDS???

I have actually had to stop buying records for now though cause I'm saving for a mortgage... gotta do it sometime.

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts
    no

• ZeusZeus 162 Posts
    I have actually had to stop buying records for now though cause I'm saving for a mortgage... gotta do it sometime.

Me too (first house). Congrats, hommie!

• cHillercHiller 293 Posts
    my parents still HELP me to get more records...

• Mr_Lee_PHDMr_Lee_PHD 2,042 Posts

Me too (first house). Congrats, hommie!

It was damn tough learning to respect saving though. All of a sudden all these ebay searches started coming up with the goods.. I was like WTF?!??

Had to learn to say "No... no bidding. I cant afford it"

Had to pass up a snipe I'd set on a japanese Herbie Hancock raer.

• My girlfriend helps me dig from time to time.

• My ex girlfriend used to make threats that she would throw all my records out every time we had a fight..she had to go.

• puppup 133 Posts
    When I was still in graduate school (read: "dirt ass poor"), I once spent about $500 dollars that my dissertation adviser fronted me to pay participants for the psych experiment that I was running. After that I had, well as you may guess, NO money to pay the kids who were coming to participate in my dissertation experiment.

I went crawling to my wife (then girlfriend) to beg for some money to set things right. She freaked. I then went to my mom, who also freaked. The two of them then had a serious sit down/intervention with me about my "record buying problem."

In the end, I was able to cobble to together some money from a student loan to pay back my adviser who never found out about the record buying fiasco, but I was on a strict record buying budget for the next two years so that I wouldn't fuck up my research career... and so that I could avoid embarrassing lectures from my mom and/or my wife about digging responsibly.

• Options
    Me, but at least it's not crack is what I always say. Girlfrends have said things in the past - mostly because they don't understand the culture surrounding records. They never said one word after viewing my email account or seeing the envelopes of cash sitting on my desk.

K in Canada.

• Options

it is only a problem for those i live beside
    for me there is no problem

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts

Wife: that last pile of records you brought in smell like pesticide
    Me: I don't think so
    Wife: Yes, I'm sure is pesticide
    Me: Maybe they smell funny, but how can you know if that's pesticide?
    Wife: I know it's pesticide.
    Me: Maybe a couple of them got wet and that's the smell you are talking about
    Wife: No, it's pesticide. Please get rid of them.
    Me: here it is, this cover has a large water stain. Must be it.
    Wife: Yes, that's it, that's the one with pesticide.
    Me: OK, it goes to the garbage.
    Wife: thank you.

• sconesscones 434 Posts
    yeah i live with some friends, they are like 'what ya doing' and im on ebay most of the time when they ask..my girl doesnt really mind becuz she likes to sleep in on the weekends, so i get up early and get back before shes up. make her a cup of tea or some breakfast and shes happy

im not old enough yet to really worry about my financial situation (read: 21)- im still in school and im sorted in the way of finance for this due to inheritance so its all gravy..