Top 3 Rock Albums that changed your life

2»

Comments

• usernameusername 71 Posts
    SoundOutLoud said:
    Blink 182 - Enema of the State (I was11y/o and it was the first album I bought for myself... against the will of my parents)

You should've listened to your parents, kid. This is NOT a rock album, and if, in your mind, it was/is, you were misinfluenced by Mtv.

• StoneHandsStoneHands 341 Posts
    username said:
    SoundOutLoud said:
    Blink 182 - Enema of the State (I was11y/o and it was the first album I bought for myself... against the will of my parents)

You should've listened to your parents, kid. This is NOT a rock album, and if, in your mind, it was/is, you were misinfluenced by Mtv.

What was it, polka?
    ease up on the snarkyness. kid.

• bluesnagbluesnag 1,285 Posts
    All right, I'll play. These are three albums that got me into current rock music at the time (end of jr high/beginning of high school). I didn't get into older rock music until quite a bit later:

1) Nine Inch Nails - Pretty Hate Machine
    I absolutely loved "Head Like a Hole". It was perfect for a 15 year old to get amped up to. I listened to this album over and over and over again. I was pretty into them through most of the 90s, and then completely lost interest. I actually have found myself regaining interest in later output lately. That Downward Spiral shit is too dark for me now, though. I'm looking forward to seeing what kind of sound will be on their/his new album. I like the single.

2) Jane's Addiction - Ritual de lo Habitual
    Similar to the above, listened to this shit over and over in my tape deck, and "Stop!" used to get me so pumped up. I went to the first Lollapalooza in 91 and saw NIN and JA and thought I was awesome for having gone. I have to say JA has not aged well for me at all. I heard Nothing's Shocking a few years ago and it sounded awful to my ears. Oh well.

3) Nirvana - Nevermind
    What can be said about this one? Very similar to the above in terms of when I was listening to it and what it did for me. This has not gotten old to me at all, however, which I think is great. I put it on after a long ass time and it sounded so good and still pretty fresh. I never got to seem them live unfortunately.

(Runner-up/Cheating: Dinosaur Jr - Green Mind
    Listened to this at the same time as the above. This one is different - I still listen to it often, and I am way into their recent output with the original lineup. Still a great band in my opinion. )