THIS POST IS STRICTLY FOR AZNS! (ASIANS ONLY, RR)

2»

Comments

• At least phill's post was all inclusive.

I'm mexican which makes me part indigenous. We came over the bering straight, son. Does that make me asian?

this depends. do you identify as such? i mean, supposedly first man was found in africa, but im not claiming to be african.

anyways, this raises some nerdy questions in my brains. what qualifies as indigenous? i mean, your statement is contradictory cuz you state that your ancestors came across the bering strait. which means they were at one point indigenous to asia. but i seem to think that by indigenous you mean you are part indigenous to pre-columbian mexico. just a question. like, is there a specific time limit that makes something indigenous?

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    Edited by mylatency (08/25/05 04:16 AM)
    Edited by mylatency (08/25/05 04:17 AM)

not a good look

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    present

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts
    Applicants must be U.S. citizens or permanent visa residents and members of an ethnic minority group, including but not limited to: African Americans, Alaskan Natives, American Indians, Hispanics, Asian Americans, Pacific Islanders

why dont you ask your APA program that question?

i have. they are all up on this "people of color" bullshit. which means what? everybody has color. i'aint seen clear people yet?

we dont make them rules white man, we just benefit from them.

by doing so, you are undermining the intent of these types of programs.

so i am asking these questions of APA (and more broadly, of the whole darn USA) to help preserve the integrity of these programs...because they are becoming what they set out to abolish.

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts
    I don't want to receive , but asian women have no butt. Plain and simple.

No offense.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts

No offense.

This thread is so remarkably dumb at this point, it's pretty amazing.

And Fatback... "peole of color" bullshit? You better explain that a bit more.

Define "people of color" please. You will find the bullshit within your own response.

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts

No offense.

Hey, that doesn't mean I don't find asian women beautiful. Just to clarify.

• we dont make them rules white man, we just benefit from them.

by doing so, you are undermining the intent of these types of programs.

so are you saying the intent of these programs was to debilitate minorities? i mean, asians are still a minority in this country, no? are we not supposed to benefit from these programs? do you fear that these programs that have been set up to help ethnic minorities might actually benefit us to the point where we take power from the white majority? im not sure what youre getting on about.

so i am asking these questions of APA (and more broadly, of the whole darn USA) to help preserve the integrity of these programs...because they are becoming what they set out to abolish.

what have they set out to abolish? im not knowledgable on APA programs. im not even sure what APA is supposed to stand for but im assuming asia pacific american.

odub and gramps. meet me at the Humans thread.

• before I clicked on this thread I was thinking "fuck it's gonna be a bunch of rice daddy dudes posting pictures of thur Asian girlfriend" and BOOM! it's was like the third post.

fatback:

plaese to be quiet.

fatback:

plaese to be quiet.

YOU don't tell me to be quiet. i'll fucking detsroy you,, bnitch

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    yeah, BNITCH!

detsroy all monsers!

• alieNDNalieNDN 2,181 Posts
    south asian in the house

• At least phill's post was all inclusive.

I'm mexican which makes me part indigenous. We came over the bering straight, son. Does that make me asian?

this depends. do you identify as such? i mean, supposedly first man was found in africa, but im not claiming to be african.

anyways, this raises some nerdy questions in my brains. what qualifies as indigenous? i mean, your statement is contradictory cuz you state that your ancestors came across the bering strait. which means they were at one point indigenous to asia. but i seem to think that by indigenous you mean you are part indigenous to pre-columbian mexico. just a question. like, is there a specific time limit that makes something indigenous?

That's great. You make good points.

No I don't identify as Asian. I don't really identify as anything really. Just American trash. Of course my post was for laughs but now you got me thinking about the indigenous term. The bering straight thing is only a theory so who knows how valid that is but yeah, we all came from somewhere else. Space is the place.

what if i think that i've got the-polish asiatic flow mixed with disco? y'all don't know my steelo0

^check that hyphen^... ill.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    Yuichi,

where you at dogg?

FORGIVE BUT DO NOT FORGET

watup Mark.

yea man, the population of those still affected by the A-bomb radiation in Hiroshima and Nagasaki is dwindling, and history is slowly being forgotten. The pain and trauma is still deeply ingrained in the older generations, and the younger generations don't even wanna think about it. hell i don't want to either cuz it was such a fucked up thing to do.

and then we have every other race-related Asian thread ending in an joke or some dude with an Asian fetish says some inconsiderate shit.

This country is built on ignorance.

Appreciate and show some respect for Asians bitches,
    cuz we're starting to make moves.

Peace to all races and ethnicities.

• flunkflunk 230 Posts
    fatback:

plaese to be quiet.

YOU don't tell me to be quiet. i'll fucking detsroy you,, bnitch

........in what? a typing comp?

qwerty

• so my grandpa [RIP] had this temple in downtown LA little tokyo. its still there nestled between this giant hotel and some hello kitty shop down an alley way. every june my other grandparents [RIP] from out in woodlake, CA would meet us at a rest stop, load up our van with buttloads of fruits and vegetables and we'd head down to LA for the temple's annual carnival and sell that shit. you could get kintoki, okinawa dango, chirashi, yaki-niku, win crappy toys and canned mandarin oranges, etc.

theyd have exhibitions and shit. mostly odori [dancing], as this was somewhat of an obon festival as well.

one year they had dudes doing iaido. ive never been to clear on what iaido means but i can tell you what they do. its a bunch of dudes in those japanese skirts swinging around samurai swords. real samurai swords. these dudes were fucking dope. theyd walk in with a 6 ft bamboo shoot stand it on its end and then slice it with their swords. this one dude could cut it 3 times before it fell apart. like the thing would be standing upright, dude would unsheath his sword and swipe it 3 times real fast. then, like an old samurai movie it would hold its shape for a brief second, then fall to pieces.

well, they do this kind of kata thing where they simulate sword fighting. now, mind you, this is with real swords. anyways, they start mock swinging at each others heads and during one pass i see this little chunk fly off. then blood starts coming from one of the dudes heads. part of his ear got cut off. best part was dude was so into his shit he didnt even realize. didnt make a noise. just had the same stone face like he was still doing his thing. that shit was RAW. my dad was all into this shit. i mean, he didnt do it, but he got all geeked on the old samurai shit. every once in a great great GREAT while, we'd drive up to SF from clovis and go to this movie theater in jtown and watch samurai movies. most the time they were really boring art flicks or something. but i also saw the samurai trilogy, shogun assassin, yojimbo, and 7 samurai [which i fell asleep during]. it aint there anymore but i seem to remember it being where my favorite karaoke joint is now. underneath dennys. there also used to be a shop in the kintetsu mall that sold blunt ninja stars. my dad bought me a camouflage ninja star and i spent the whole summer sharpening the edges. then my mom took it away from me cuz i would try and kill birds in the backyard with it. i never saw it again.