Fools that said you wouldn't make it

2»

Comments

• Mr_Lee_PHDMr_Lee_PHD 2,042 Posts
    I see where you're coming from man, esp the problem with moral support for gigs.

Whatever you do though man, go get some more gigs and show everybody what they're missing.

One quality way to pick more gigs up, make a name and a establish a crew to rock the tables with, is to hook up with some of the DJs at one of the gigs you play and see if they are interested in all putting on a night somewhere.

• "If it make you feel better, picture me over and done with
    Punk bitch, come with all the gossip you can come with
    Small thang to a giant, I can overcome this"

Haters, get on ya job.

• djdazedjdaze 3,099 Posts
    man, i'm gonna print this out and save it for my kid (for when he's old enough to understand completely), that's just proof-positive that sticking to your guns is the only way. i had a baby in high school, where my mom offered the girl $1000 to have an abortion. i told her (the girl) that i'd support her, however it worked out. when my son, samson, was a baby, people used to give us dirty looks, and i even had to endure some ridiculous lectures from strangers who didn't know fucking shit. she and i never got married, but we're great friends, and even travel together. she's a PhD now (midwifery, ironically) and is really doing well. she and my girlfriend go out sometimes (without me), shopping, drinks, whatever. i didn't tell my parents for over 3months that she was pregnant, and after i did, my mom told me that i was not only ruining my life, but that i was an embarrassment to our family. my mom probably still feels bad about all that shit, but man, i don't know where i'd be without my number one hommie.

between this and your sommelier story, you are definitely dude.

• johmbolayajohmbolaya 4,472 Posts
    Does it drive you or defeat you?

Both. There are times when I feel like maybe I should just pack it all up, and yet there is a good feeling when you know there is an audience out there, however small, that wants to hear what you have next.

I know not everyone is going to enjoy what I make or do, and I don't make music for everyone. But I welcome anyone who wants to come along for the ride.

• I get hype when people tell me I can't do something.