Where are the Black Women on the SS 100?

batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
edited May 2013 in Strut Central
What?!?

Shit where the White Woman at?

Lyn Collins(JB), ESG, Dorthy Ashby.....

Comments

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    also latinos...

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    Let's see if Aretha makes the list- will she rate higher than Curtis?

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    Sade > Soul Strut 100.

• hiptonehiptone 112 Posts
    waiting... Marlena Shaw.

waiting... Marlena Shaw.

waiting... Marlena Shaw.

waiting... Marlena Shaw.

waiting... Marlena Shaw.

waiting... Marlena Shaw.

waiting... Marlena Shaw.

sorry...

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    bassie said:

She came to mind, but i dont recall her even seeing an album on the voting list.

And what album would be fetishized.

Alice Coltrane and Nina Simone hasnt been sampled by A Tribe Called Quest or Gangstarr?

HarveyCanal said:
    Sade > Soul Strut 100.

Sayin....

• HorseleechHorseleech 3,830 Posts
    batmon said:
    bassie said:

This is the thing. A bunch of amazing tunes, but not really that one iconic record.

Horseleech said:
    batmon said:
    bassie said:

This is the thing. A bunch of amazing tunes, but not really that one iconic record.

???

bassie said:
    Horseleech said:
    batmon said:
    bassie said:

???

I imagined your neckroll with this post.

lol - I am kinda sore in my neck/shoulder area from all that digging, shoveling, heavy lifting and general gardening yesterday.

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    Don't try to change us.

bassie said:
    lol - I am kinda sore in my neck/shoulder area from all that digging, shoveling, heavy lifting and general gardening yesterday.

You grow veggies?

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    Who knows... Maybe we'll see a tranny?

Portishead-Dummy > DJ Shadow-Endtroducing.

Yup - tomatoes, celery, baby bok choy, red chard, carrots and hot banana peppers. They were out of green kale and the girl said that the purple decorative kale is also edible, just more bitter, so I decided to try that out. I still need to grab scotchbonnet.
    I also did basil, oregano and parsley.

Haaaaaayyyyyy.....

bassie said:
    Yup - tomatoes, celery, baby bok choy, red chard, carrots and hot banana peppers. They were out of green kale and the girl said that the purple decorative kale is also edible, just more bitter, so I decided to try that out. I still need to grab scotchbonnet.

Oh shit.

I picked up some beautiful tri-colored scotch bonnets yesterday.

Do you have to do some shit to ward off animals?

HarveyCanal said:
    Portishead-Dummy > DJ Shadow-Endtroducing.

So, there's a chance Shadow will be on there twice and no Aretha, Nina or Alice Coltrane...cool!

batmon said:
    bassie said:

Oh shit.

I've not had any problems with bugs and pepper plants up to now (leafy greens are another story).

In fact, hot pepper is recommended for natural bug sprays (along with garlic, onion and mild soap)

Try marigolds, they should attract bugs away from the veggies.

I wasn't in on the voting, but I could see RAMP still making the list.

bassie said:
    Horseleech said:
    batmon said:
    bassie said:

???

Great records, but I don't hear them being talked about in the same way as What's Going On, Curtis etc.

Maybe they are somewhere, but not here and not anywhere else I've noticed.

• 4YearGraduate4YearGraduate 2,945 Posts
    bassie said:
    batmon said:
    bassie said:

Oh shit.

I've not had any problems with bugs and pepper plants up to now (leafy greens are another story).

In fact, hot pepper is recommended for natural bug sprays (along with garlic, onion and mild soap)

Follow me on Insta: piecelock70 for some garden pron.

You should do an alternating routine of pesticide and antifungals, week in week out, I'm assuming you are keeping it organic?
    If so I recommend Bonide products like Rose 3n1, Tomato and Vegetable, Eight (if heavy guns are needed). Neem oil is better than Cayenne pepper oils in my experience but ymmv. Definately spray from the jump though and not after the bugs show up, you will loose your whole crop by then. If you see ants it's often a sign that they are feasting on manna from teh larvea of an impending bug infestation so be on the lookout.

As for animals go to home depot or the like and get 1 or 2 plastic owl statues and put them in the garden, I have peacocks in my neighborhood and that keeps them away for the most part. Crows can be scared away by hanging a CD from a string (srsly) and as for ferril cats and deers, well i guess putting down a perimeter of this repellant works (but it smells like death).

holler!

4YearGraduate said:
    bassie said:
    batmon said:
    bassie said:

Oh shit.

Follow me on Insta: piecelock70 for some garden pron.

You should do an alternating routine of pesticide and antifungals, week in week out, I'm assuming you are keeping it organic?
    If so I recommend Bonide products like Rose 3n1, Tomato and Vegetable, Eight (if heavy guns are needed). Neem oil is better than Cayenne pepper oils in my experience but ymmv. Definately spray from the jump though and not after the bugs show up, you will loose your whole crop by then. If you see ants it's often a sign that they are feasting on manna from teh larvea of an impending bug infestation so be on the lookout.

As for animals go to home depot or the like and get 1 or 2 plastic owl statues and put them in the garden, I have peacocks in my neighborhood and that keeps them away for the most part. Crows can be scared away by hanging a CD from a string (srsly) and as for ferril cats and deers, well i guess putting down a perimeter of this repellant works (but it smells like death).

holler!

I would also mention my go-to organic pesticide - Dr Bronners Eucalyptus soap diluted about 7-1. It's defeated every pest I've used it on. Only the Eucalyptus, though - none of the other ones work.