Rep your dumbassedness.

2»

Comments

• PattrickPattrick 57 Posts
    I'm sure all Soul Strutters know there is nothing better for keeping flowers fresh than a tablespoon of bleach and a spoonful of sugar,
    so I half- filled an empty Pellegrino bottle with water from the tap, added bleach and sugar, shook it and poured it into the vase.

There was some left in the biotlle and liike a true dumbass I left it on the kitchen sideboard. ( You know where this is going but stay with it for useful health and safety advice)

Following morning, half asleep, running late and thirsty while rushing to iron a shirt, I swigged it without thinking. The split second I gulped it I realized what I had done but down it went, burning my throat all the way.

I told my girlfriend immediately and she started Googling frantically for what to do. In the meantime, not wanting to wait around for medical advice I did some things right and some things wrong.

Right: I swallowed at least five full glasses of fresh cold water immediately to dilute it. (My stomach felt like it was going to burst).
    Wrong: I put my fingers into my throat to make myself sick.

What I learned:
    Stomach acid is very strong. Bleach is a moderately strong alkali.
    Diluting the bleach by drinking water was right and I should have just left it there as the stomach acid and alkali bleach neutralized each other. Bringing it up again by making myself sick just rinsed the bleach through my oesophagus a second time ( and it burned again!).

My throat and stomach felt a little uncomfortable for the rest of the day but apart from that I felt fine, but stupid.

• ppadilhappadilha 2,235 Posts
    LaserWolf said:
    we told the agent that we were mailing Navajo rugs

"oh did I say drugs? I meant Navajo rugs..."

brilliant!

• The time I yelled this like 10 feet away from Matt Damon at a small bar in Cambridge.

"Loooook whoooooit isssssssssss the talented mr ripleyyyy...."

he was not amused

• Another good one from a few years ago...

We took my Grandmother out for Chinese food for her birthday. We ordered the usual pu-pu platters and such.

So you know those sterno things they light in the middle of the platter?

After we put the flame out my grandmother dipped a spare rib in to the purply sauce and almost ate one. before yelling to warn her

• DJFerrariDJFerrari 2,411 Posts
    Fresh Blueberry Pankakes said:
    The time I yelled this like 10 feet away from Matt Damon at a small bar in Cambridge.

"Loooook whoooooit isssssssssss the talented mr ripleyyyy...."

he was not amused

One day I hope to run into Ben Affleck so I can yell... "Affleck! You the bomb in Phantoms yo!"

• dayday 9,612 Posts
    The_Non said:
    Home alone one time and the phone rings. I told my (dearly departed) dog in a loud voice "I'll get it!"
    In my defense, he was really smart.

I say "bless you" when my dogs sneeze. I feel like a jackass every time.

• kalakala 3,361 Posts
    running 5 gf's right now
    no i'm not lying
    that in of itself qualifies for dumbass and just too much.
    totally shook of my celly doin' me in even though i try to keep it locked and or with me at all times-which is not easy when laying back in the crib
    i'm waiting for it as any bachelor knows the cell is your gateway to booty calls and destruction____like ,say at dinner when i'm showing "her" something online on my phone and that heated_______"i wish you were spanking me right now" text comes thru from another while she has my phone in her hand
    it hasn't happened yet but i know my cell is gonna cause mad estrogen drama trouble any minute now.
    gonna trim it down to 1 real soon.

• kala said:
    running 5 gf's right now
    no i'm not lying
    that in of itself qualifies for dumbass and just too much.
    totally shook of my celly doin' me in even though i try to keep it locked and or with me at all times-which is not easy when laying back in the crib
    i'm waiting for it as any bachelor knows the cell is your gateway to booty calls and destruction____like ,say at dinner when i'm showing "her" something online on my phone and that heated_______"i wish you were spanking me right now" text comes thru from another while she has my phone in her hand
    it hasn't happened yet but i know my cell is gonna cause mad estrogen drama trouble any minute now.
    gonna trim it down to 1 real soon.

I think you meant to drop this in the "shit strutters are doing i wish i was " thread"

• DawhudDawhud 213 Posts
    batmon said:
    Cutting Habaneros and then go jerk off.

Did something like that. Instead I went and took a piss. It was when my wife and I were just dating and we were at a dinner party. When I came back from the bathroom and went back to cutting my eye started swelling up. Everybody asked if I was ok and I said, "Oh... must have wiped my eye with my hand. Well... there's worst things that could be burning." Then I remembered that I just went to the bathroom without washing my hands and my crotch instantly started to burn. It was a LONG painful night.

• I bought wax off recordkingz before..

• dukeofdelridgedukeofdelridge urgent.monkey.mice 2,453 Posts
    Last week I set up my 14th skateboard with at least one truck backwards.