West Hollywood

DuttyBabylonDuttyBabylon 125 Posts
edited May 2013 in Strut Central
Greetings one and all.. A friend is off to LA in a couple of days, staying in W.Hollywood...

Must see things? Eating spots, exhibitions etc... What's the word?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• YemskyYemsky 708 Posts
    1. Amoeba
    2. 6084-6086 Mulholland Hwy, Los Angeles, CA 90068, http://goo.gl/maps/BB8sy for best view of Hollywood sign.
    3. Pasadena Swap Meet

• Response very much appreciated. Info passed on.

• West Hollywood is a small touristy area within a giant sprawling city.

• AndreBretonAndreBreton 344 Posts
    SmallAxeRick said:
    West Hollywood is a small touristy area within a giant sprawling city.

1.9 square miles to be exact. If by touristy, you mean LA county residents going there, then yes. All the real tourists go to Hollywood.

• As I thought.just trying to get the best out of a bad situation.. See; rose from manure, shine a shit, when life gives you lemons etc etc

What are your friends like? What are they into? Will they have transpo?

• soulmarcosasoulmarcosa 4,296 Posts
    Funky Sole at The Echo and/or Blazing 45s at Nola's on Saturday night

• waxjunkywaxjunky 1,850 Posts
    Ah, yes. I used to work in West Hollywood back when SoulStrut was in its early infancy. I had a desk job that afforded me lots of time to poast here. I would say to shoot down La Cienega and have the Cuban Roast Pork at Versailles, or head up to Sunset for a Chili Cheese Burger at Carney's. Then check out Amoeba.

• Swedish girl into art, fashion, exhibitions, good eating... No transport..

Thanks for all your replies...

LACMA (LA County Museum of Art)/La Brea Tar Pits. Wilshire east of Fairfax, just south of West Hollywood.

Melrose east of Fairfax for apparel shopping, West of Fairfax for Higher end boutiques.

La Brea between 1st and 3rd for some boutiques, galleries, and Trader Joe's. I think they call it the street arts district, which is kind of lame, but it's cool. Lab Arts right before 3rd has the standard, local street art fare.

The Sunset Strip is also in West Hollywood, so they should at least check it out quick.

Sweedish girl? She need my number? :happyday:

• Haha... no she don't.... I'm busy earning some points here..!!

Thanks for the info, really helpful...

• ElectrodeElectrode Los Angeles 3,083 Posts
    I go to the Silent Movie Theater often to get my rare film fix

http://www.cinefamily.org/

• thanks...